Vx v6 not getting bin

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Re: Vx v6 not getting bin

Post by hsv08 »

The1 wrote:disable it, not uninstall it.
I tryed disabling it, that's when I got this log when it actually picked up the flash chip the tryed to pull data but it didn't allow.
Then I reconnected and got nothing again.
Will try what you've said next tazzi. I have another vy PCM so I will look at setting up a bench if the above doesn't work. I'm leaning toward it being a driver or comport interference issue. Now that I've eliminated the antivirus picking up the flash tool I will delete the driver for the aldl cable then re plug it all in and update the drivers, if it picks up as a serial mouse again I will disable then re connect.
Failing all that a test bench will be setup.
I have a funny feeling I'm not running the latest ftdi chip drivers. The drivers self installed when I plugged in the lead. I have yet to go to that ftdi website.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

hsv08 wrote:
I tryed disabling it, that's when I got this log when it actually picked up the flash chip the tryed to pull data but it didn't allow.
Will try what you've said next tazzi. I have another vy PCM so I will look at setting up a bench if the above doesn't work. I'm leaning toward it being a driver or comport interference issue. Now that I've eliminated the antivirus picking up the flash tool I will delete the driver for the aldl cable then re plug it all in and update the drivers, if it picks up as a serial mouse again I will disable then re connect.
I have a funny feeling I'm not running the latest ftdi chip drivers. The drivers self installed when I plugged in the lead. I have yet to go to that ftdi website.
They should auto install in all windows after XP. (From my testing).

Just make sure its not connected to the car when everything installs. :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Tazzi wrote:
hsv08 wrote:
They should auto install in all windows after XP. (From my testing).

Just make sure its not connected to the car when everything installs. :thumbup:
Well again is another fail, Ive unistalled the drivers for the cable and reinstalled again from the ftdi link that was attached. still will not pick up the flash chip or pull any data :rant: :rant: :comp: :comp:

i have another laptop that i may need to pull out and charge up and try connect. that was the laptop i did all my old tuning on. this new laptop hasnt had any tuning done on it.
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

hsv08 wrote:Well again is another fail, Ive unistalled the drivers for the cable and reinstalled again from the ftdi link that was attached. still will not pick up the flash chip or pull any data :rant: :rant: :comp: :comp:

i have another laptop that i may need to pull out and charge up and try connect. that was the laptop i did all my old tuning on. this new laptop hasnt had any tuning done on it.
Shows up successfully as a USB serial device in device manager at least? Or.. still.. a dreaded mouse?
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Not sure how techy you are on the laptop, could always look into running a virtual machine (VM). So... a windows inside of a windows. I have dramas on my windows10 with some software and devices so I run a VM with windows 7 and its all hunky dorey again.

But for something like this... really shouldmt be needed.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

I had solar problems with being detected as a mouse on one of my laptops years ago.
Hat I found worked for me that I had to connect cable to laptop, wait for it to be found and then connect cable to the OBD port. If I connected cable to the OBD port first then connected usb to laptop it came up as a mouse. No idea why it made a difference.
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

yoda69 wrote:I had solar problems with being detected as a mouse on one of my laptops years ago.
Hat I found worked for me that I had to connect cable to laptop, wait for it to be found and then connect cable to the OBD port. If I connected cable to the OBD port first then connected usb to laptop it came up as a mouse. No idea why it made a difference.
My HP laptop is the same. I have just learnt to do it that way as habit
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Shows up successfully as a USB serial device in device manager at least? Or.. still.. a dreaded mouse?
No shows up as serial device now and no mouse so that side is ok
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Tazzi wrote:Not sure how techy you are on the laptop, could always look into running a virtual machine (VM). So... a windows inside of a windows. I have dramas on my windows10 with some software and devices so I run a VM with windows 7 and its all hunky dorey again.

But for something like this... really shouldmt be needed.
I know enough to get me by, and whatever i dont i always google/reaserach, as for running a VM..... i wouldnt know how to do that. its a apin as this is a new laptop running W7 but ive never tuned on it or connected, so im not sure if its this laptop or something else. its just a dell latitude so nothing fancy.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

yoda69 wrote:I had solar problems with being detected as a mouse on one of my laptops years ago.
JUst tryed plugging it into laptop first then car, car then laptop, latop then car with ign already on, car then laptop with ign already on....... all with same results.
I have noticed that if i pull the aldl out after it says it cannot get BIN instead of disconnecting it stops locking the pcm out. tryed reconnecting 10 times with exactly same result everytime.