antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Vx v6 not getting bin

Post by antus »

I notice in the logs where it gets the furthest that it thinks the pcm is allready unlocked, therefore it does not unlock, and then it cant run the flash code it needs too on the pcm. Is it possible this is not a stock pcm and a tuner has done something funky to lock it?

The microsoft mouse driver issues are real but your fix is ok and then its a locked pcm. That virus scanner issue is sus but doesnt appear to be stopping it. You could try another flash tool version but i wouldnt expect it to make a difference
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

I think its saying its unlocked because of the previous attempts to get bin/cal which unlock it before (I think!).

I honestly think its about time to either bench harness this ECU, or get another ecu to try out and see whats going on. Just to narrow it down to if its an ecu specific problem.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
hsv08
cars: (EX) VT SENATOR 355 STROKER
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

antus wrote:I notice in the logs where it gets the furthest that it thinks the pcm is allready unlocked, therefore it does not unlock, and then it cant run the flash code it needs too on the pcm. Is it possible this is not a stock pcm and a tuner has done something funky to lock it?

The microsoft mouse driver issues are real but your fix is ok and then its a locked pcm. That virus scanner issue is sus but doesnt appear to be stopping it. You could try another flash tool version but i wouldnt expect it to make a difference
No I am definatly sure it has t been. It's only had 3 owners. The last person had it 10 years. Was his family's camping wagon. Defiantly no signs withen it's performance that anything has been touched.
I might try another flash tool but I also have my other laptop charging so will try connect with that to eliminate a computer issue.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Tazzi wrote:I think its saying its unlocked because of the previous attempts to get bin/cal which unlock it before (I think!).

I honestly think its about time to either bench harness this ECU, or get another ecu to try out and see whats going on. Just to narrow it down to if its an ecu specific problem.
If I get another Ecu and connect it won't be able to start the car right?
I will try my other laptop and also another version of flash tool to be sure. I don't want to run the risk of bricking this one then not being able to drive vehicle. Hence a little hesitant to setup a bench for it. If I do setup a bench where is the link for the setup?
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Well hooked it up to my old pc to try connect, exactly the same result. Rules out pc connection problems. i have a vy pcm here that i was going to clone. can i bench setup this pcm, flash a vx tune to it and remove vats and run car from it? it wont contain any of the cars registers though will that be a problem?
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Nah that'll be fine. Hook it up on bench flash VX Enhanced bin and run that.
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

Dylan wrote:Nah that'll be fine. Hook it up on bench flash VX Enhanced bin and run that.
Ill do that, so over this damn pcm in there atm. atleast if i brick the vy one i can just throw the other one back in. dont like flash pcms but i no longer have my pcm nvram board, else i would go to a vt pcm.
what are you guys using for your power supplys?
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Are you power cycling it between attempts? I wouldnt trust its state without a power cycle if its been unlocked and some code loaded in to ram on the first attempts. That potentially has put it in some unworkable state where tests are no longer valid.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
hsv08
(EX) VT SS 304 MANUAL
NOW VX V6 HACK

Post by hsv08 »

antus wrote:Are you power cycling it between attempts? I wouldnt trust its state without a power cycle if its been unlocked and some code loaded in to ram on the first attempts. That potentially has put it in some unworkable state where tests are no longer valid.
Power cycling as in key off reconnect? Or batt off PCM drained then re connect?
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

I think key off would do it (ive not got a vx bench to test) but enough so that the flash tool needs to do the security unlock step.