Holden VZ V6 error code scanining noob

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
VT1GER
cars: Holden VT stroker, cammed, blown.

Holden VZ V6 error code scanining noob

Post by VT1GER »

So i have a VZ V6 im hoping to scan for codes and clear (it currently has a airbag light on the dash) I have the module that i bought off this site awhile ago for my old VT that plugs into the OBD2 port. I also have tuner pro RT 5 on my laptop ready to go. Is there anything else i need to link up to a VZ to be able to read codes and clear airbag error codes?

Thanks.
MrWillys
cars: 1955 Willys CJ5 L98 350
2001 Ford F150
2004 Corvette 6 spd

Re: Holden VZ V6 error code scanining noob

Post by MrWillys »

I'm just an apprentice when it comes to OBD2 but I would think Tunerpro will only read the engine operation. The airbag would be controlled by a central command module. All I know is that's how it works in my 2004 Corvette but I can bring my codes up on my dash.
MAGP
cars: VC V8 sedan, VS V6 wagon, VT V8 Landcruiser.

Post by MAGP »

Check the basics before you complicate things. Is the air bag fuse ok? if it is blown or missing the light will show.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You can reset the light on the vz with tunerpro and your aldl interface. If it was triggered by a temporary fault on the aldl bus that'll fix it. If its a real problem it'll come straight back on and you'll need to investigate further.

http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic. ... 120#p27150
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VT1GER

Post by VT1GER »

Is there any files etc i need to load in tunerpro to be able to connect to the VZ? I know with my VT i had to load up a couple files to be able to talk to the ecu. Its been awhile since ive used the setup haha. Airbag light i have already had scanned at a mechanic and it came back with Right side airbag short to ground. But i want to know how to clear it as im going to try hunt down the wiring fault and will need to clear it while im sorting it out.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

You need to load an adx to get data from the computer. But the ses light is in the dash. Details in the thread i linked above.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VT1GER

Post by VT1GER »

Is there an adx file available for the vz v6. Or because I'm going to the cluster do I not need one? I can just send that code in the link via that flash tool software?