Interpreting data. VS s3 Log

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
Whyzee

Interpreting data. VS s3 Log

Post by Whyzee »

Hi everyone,

Received my aldl cable from the1 last week (thanks!), and just went and did some datalogging for the first time.

My problem is that the CEL is constantly illuminated and high speed fan is constantly on, and I'm not sure what's wrong with it. Down in the bottom left hand corner of tunerpro rt (after a short drive) it said that it had logged 6 errors. How do I see what these errors are?

I've attached the log, I'm not sure that i've done it right though. I'd really appreciate any help.
VS V8 SEQUENTIAL.xdl
(358.52 KiB) Downloaded 381 times
The1

Re: Interpreting data. VS s3 Log

Post by The1 »

what adx file are you using, try the one in the VS V8 zip here.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2518

The errors down the bottom are lost packets between the computer and pcm while logging it is normal.
Whyzee

Post by Whyzee »

The1 wrote:what adx file are you using, try the one in the VS V8 zip here.

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=2518

The errors down the bottom are lost packets between the computer and pcm while logging it is normal.
Thanks, that makes sense. Connected it again and used that adx, starting to understand it a bit better. Still have some other problems to address before I try logging again.
Whyzee

Post by Whyzee »

I've been having lots of trouble with lean running (sometimes backfiring), lack of power and a rough idle. It's only recently started and seems to be somewhat intermittent. I notice the O2 sensor voltages don't look right (one isnt working at all?)... Would this cause my driveability problems? Or can anybody see anything else that I should be looking at to fix the problem?

Using the $A6 ADX
VS V8 $A6 DRRS1.xdl
(328.75 KiB) Downloaded 374 times
Cheers
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yeah looks like you have a bad sensor or wiring. That will cause what you describe. You should check the wiring and replace the sensor.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Only one O2 sensor on a VS 3 V8.
Whyzee

Post by Whyzee »

Thanks vl400, i found that out earlier today so I disconnected the second sensor and fitted another sensor.

It's running extremely lean; so will start looking deeper for mechanical problems next I think
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Have a look at the MAF not damaged or dirty?
Whyzee

Post by Whyzee »

I've tried 4 different MAF's, two off running cars and no difference. Totally lost here. I've modded the LPG injection map to compensate for the lean running so that I can at least get to work etc. (using an innovate mtx-l to check afr's).

It's so bad that it's undriveable on petrol. Already changed the fuel Reg and no change, but if I half clamp the return line it idles smoothly. If I fully clamp the line it richens and floods.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Injectors standard?