VY Tonner V6 no start after SC14 installed

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
crack
cars: VY Tonner Ecotec 4L60E

VY Tonner V6 no start after SC14 installed

Post by crack »

Hey guys, turning to you guys as I'm out of ideas.

My parts car is a VY Tonner V6 that I put an SC14 on, as it was collecting dust. Before the SC14 went on the car ran and I was able to use your flash tool and ALDL cable to communicate.
After SC14 installation the car won't start. I can keep it running with start-you-bastard, so figured fuel was the issue.
I put a test light across an injector and it only flashes for the first couple of seconds and then no more flashes. Tried this on a couple more injectors and got the same result. (There is rated fuel pressure and each injector 'clicks' when 12V applied.)
Thought it might be an immobiliser issue. Google tells me that I should check the flashing light on the centre console (immobiliser armed?) should go out when the key is turned to ignition - it does.
Final idea was to check for error codes, but I can't get an ALDL connection. My daily driver VY Tonner V6 turbo connects no problems with all the same settings.

One other bit of weird behaviour that may be related is if the key is turned to ignition and I'm in the engine bay bridging the starter to get the thing running on start-you-bastard, after I shut the engine down (by stopping spraying) the engine fans come on.

I'm guessing the ALDL connection issue and the injectors not pulsing are somehow related. Maybe if I fix the connection issue I'll get this thing running? Any ideas?

Cheers, Chris
delcowizzid

Re: VY Tonner V6 no start after SC14 installed

Post by delcowizzid »

Maybe corrupt ecu
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
crack

Post by crack »

Good idea. I have a spare one somewhere that I forgot about. I'll try that tomorrow.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

You will get spark even with no ECU connected. As Delco said, crook ECU is likely, the fan's coming on is a good sign of a major problem. A spare one won't be plug and play if I'm correct VY needs to be paired with a scan tool?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

You can clone stock data from the old ecu if you have it on file to save linking.or connect and disable vats
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
crack

Post by crack »

I've got a backup of the pcm bin on file thankfully.
crack

Post by crack »

Cloned the spare ECU, swapped ECUs and it started first go. Cheers blokes.