Xdl for VY V6 - what do you see ?

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Re: Xdl for VY V6 - what do you see ?

Post by 0081 »

Haven't had time to check the logs out but could it be a dirty maf from the k&n filter
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

Good call 0081
OZ38
cars: VY V6 Commodore ute.
VS V6 Commo sedan.
VT V6 powered 4x4 Hilux ute.

Post by OZ38 »

immortality wrote:Yes I do believe it does alter the timing to control the idle.

The strange thing is our VX has always done something similar, starts and the idle drops rapidly and then recovers. I changed a number of things in the tune to compensate but never got to the root cause of the problem as I thought it was just a quirk of the later model start sequence? Our one got worse when I fitted a larger TB that originally came off a VS which has a smaller IAC passage through the TB.

Did this problem start after you serviced the car? Maybe you have bung lead or plug? Worth checking.
It just started random while on way to work. Was running fine before that, although I did have the 02 sensors unplugged & battery disconnected while I replace the clutch a week or so before that.

As I said earlier when it started I replaced Sparkplugs, coils, fuel filter, cleaned the MAF with CO contact cleaner, clean the K&N Air Filter, cleaned the Throttle Body with Throttle Body Cleaner.
I suppose it could be a weak lead, but as I replaced them 6 months ago I am doubtful. Whatever it is, it seems to affect the start up idle more when cold than any other time.
OZ38
VS V6 Commo sedan.

Post by OZ38 »

0081 wrote:Haven't had time to check the logs out but could it be a dirty maf from the k&n filter
I cleaned it with CO Contact cleaner.
OZ38
VS V6 Commo sedan.

Post by OZ38 »

Further on from this, I replaced the 02 sensors with two new aftermarket ones (2 wire).
The drop in idle to near stall at first start up is still there as before. The litres per 100k's has improved from 9.7 down to 8.8 on a long run to the city.
Although something else has popped up now. The Check Engine Display came on with the chimes after about 75k's, continued to the city (Perth). Turned car off a first stop. Locked up with key fob, then unlocked. When started the CEL was out. Did 4 more stops before getting to my final destination. CEL display came on again with chimes before final stop. Once at final stop the key fob would not lock or unlock the car.
Any chance the CEL & the key fob issue are related ?
Not in a position to check for fault codes while down here. Will see if I can get a replacement key fob coded to suit car in the arvo tomorrow.
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

OZ38 wrote:Further on from this, I replaced the 02 sensors with two new aftermarket ones (2 wire).
The drop in idle to near stall at first start up is still there as before. The litres per 100k's has improved from 9.7 down to 8.8 on a long run to the city.
Although something else has popped up now. The Check Engine Display came on with the chimes after about 75k's, continued to the city (Perth). Turned car off a first stop. Locked up with key fob, then unlocked. When started the CEL was out. Did 4 more stops before getting to my final destination. CEL display came on again with chimes before final stop. Once at final stop the key fob would not lock or unlock the car.
Any chance the CEL & the key fob issue are related ?
Not in a position to check for fault codes while down here. Will see if I can get a replacement key fob coded to suit car in the arvo tomorrow.
What DTC did the CEL present? Slip ring failure is common as from weak key battery or just built up grime on the slip ring but usually doesn't leave a CEL on the dash, just a stored DTC. May be a couple things at once coincidentally
OZ38
VS V6 Commo sedan.

Post by OZ38 »

No able to check DTC atm where I am. Unless I break out the paper clip of course.
madmaxisback
cars: VN Calais
VK Berlina

Post by madmaxisback »

Probably worth checking right under manifold for these vac lines.

They come apart super easy and with K&N you wont hear them sucking etc. Hard to spray to test for leaks too.
Ecotec Vac Line.jpg
OZ38
VS V6 Commo sedan.

Post by OZ38 »

madmaxisback wrote:Probably worth checking right under manifold for these vac lines.

They come apart super easy and with K&N you wont hear them sucking etc. Hard to spray to test for leaks too.
Ecotec Vac Line.jpg
Will do thanks.
OZ38
VS V6 Commo sedan.

Post by OZ38 »

Ok more dramas.
I recently as mentioned replaced both 2 wire 02 sensors with new aftermarket sensors.
When checking for fault codes at the local BP using his tester equipment it comes up with 4 DTC's.
Left 02 sensor
Right 02 sensor
Coolant sensor
Low speed fan fault.

In code history it had 5 listed
Code 18 Serial Bus Data fault.
Code 02 Slip Ring Fault.
Code 07 Data Loss PCM.
Code 27 Data Loss Instruments.
Code 24 Rolling Code Error.

Start the car with tester & it said coolant temp to low & waiting for closed loop.
The engine was pretty close to operating temp as it was. We waited till it was definitely at operating temp, but the tester still kept getting waiting for closed loop, which never happened.

Anyone experienced issues with aftermarket 02 sensors ?

Cheers