Vs l67 rattle high rpm

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
VSRaptor
cars: Vp Commodore V8
Vs Commodore ute V6

Re: Vs l67 rattle high rpm

Post by VSRaptor »

Good idea, at least you can pin point it when something does happen.
I have done that before on my other cars, even left it at the so called expert mechanics and auto electricians for a few days and they cannot even find the fault until the car just stops and a fault code appears.

By the way, do you know how to test a crank angle sensor using a test light and rotating the harmonic balancer with a socket? I have that info from a snap on diagnostic guide?
It was a life saver for me when I was getting fault code 49 a few times due to the poor quality made crank sensors.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

What's the trick to testing mate?
Ken

Post by Ken »

After reading the entire thread, I'm curious as to what cylinder pressure a comp test gauge shows, starting with the first sweep and the total, spark cut and throttle held open of course.
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

VSRaptor wrote:Good idea, at least you can pin point it when something does happen.
I have done that before on my other cars, even left it at the so called expert mechanics and auto electricians for a few days and they cannot even find the fault until the car just stops and a fault code appears.

By the way, do you know how to test a crank angle sensor using a test light and rotating the harmonic balancer with a socket? I have that info from a snap on diagnostic guide?
It was a life saver for me when I was getting fault code 49 a few times due to the poor quality made crank sensors.
I have that pdf saved on my phone very handy to have.
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

Ken wrote:After reading the entire thread, I'm curious as to what cylinder pressure a comp test gauge shows, starting with the first sweep and the total, spark cut and throttle held open of course.
I will do one when I get a chance.
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

Done a compression test here's the results.

1=175 2=175
3=175 4=170
5=170 6=170
Comcal76

Post by Comcal76 »

Finally found a engine that rattles like mine the sound starts at 10:17 any ideas what that could be.

https://youtu.be/XOt1AgcbC3g