Capturing Tech1 Commands VS V6

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
The1

Re: Capturing Tech1 Commands VS V6

Post by The1 »

ive updated the efilive xml again about with more stuff.
Rhinoman

Post by Rhinoman »

brett_jjj wrote:I If anyone is interested in any of this stuff, I can send you the bin files ,so you can check them out.When I open the LILBUG bin file it shows menus that display cartridge boot files,display memory addresses,offsets,it mentions learn dir,enable/disable update,memory examine/change,and heaps more.I think it would be very interesting to see exactly what it does ,so hopefully I can (or can find someone) to work out the cartridge bin files and to work out exactly what this LILBUG thing does.Hopefully it might help in finding the stuff you guys are wanting to know about the communications between the vehicle and the tech1.cheers.
Lilbug was Motorola's monitor programme, orginally designed for use on the 6801 processor. The Tech1 uses the 6803, the 'big brother' of the 6801. I would be very interested in the binary for this.

http://bitsavers.org/pdf/motorola/MC680 ... _Aug80.pdf
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

I know this is quite the old but.. hey.. why not go thread grave digging! :thumbup:

Got a tech1 on the way (Hopefully it works!), and want to pickup on this. These things are getting beyond rare to find now, let alone working ones so its about time its 100% reverse engineered.

Looking to provide a bit by bit breakdown of the major systems which will be publicly available:
- Engine (I know VL400 has that down pack already :thumbup:, just want to run over Freeze data pretty much )
- BCM
- ABS
- SRS

Im *hoping* this will make the tech1 completely redundant after that. I had a client call up saying holden wanted $300 to plug in their tech1. Like f*ck me.. is that serious!

Im pretty hopeless with making up a tunerpro definition file, so hopefully someone can help put that together as I break down each ALDL frame?

Next, the ALDL pin for the SRS in VR and VS is on a different pin, pin1 if Im not mistake, so a quick adapter needs to be made to be able to communicate to that system. Iv just made up a couple male<->Female adapters for a plug and play swap over so that the ALDL cable doesnt actually have to be modified.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Tech1 kits arrived! Lights up which is a start!

Surprised the damn thing didnt get wrecked, the (useless) seller just threw in in a shitty squashed box, unwrapped, with the rest of the parts to bang around! You'd think they would try take car of something that someone just paid hundreds for... ffs :comp:

Iv sent stuff, wrapped to the brim in bubble wrap looking like the michelen man in double wall boxes which have ended up smashed.. how on earth this wasnt obliterated is beyond me!

Right.. so.. the cards I have:
- Open/Vauxhall 91-92 ECU GB
- Opel/Vauxhall 87-94 ECU GB
- Opel/Vauxhall 87-95 ECU GB
- Opel/Vauxhall 87-95 ECU GB (Double up??)
- Isuzu 90-92 ELEC 4-speed AT
- Holden's 1988 ECM (VL,VN, Astra ect)
- VS T4 SYSTEMS - OEM DEALER

Looks like I have a spare to try muck with/re-write. Will fire up the VS one later to see what that holds :thumbup:
Tech1_kit.jpg
Tech1_kit.jpg (211.67 KiB) Viewed 7988 times
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Feeling a bit less paranoid about it being damaged now :lol:
Tech1_SafeAndSound.jpg
Tech1_SafeAndSound.jpg (233.32 KiB) Viewed 7952 times
Trying to compile the info The1 and other put into this thread previously so I can emulate data back. Hopefully will be able to get some proper R&D started shortly.
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Any chance of the bcm stuff being added in for the vq and vp Calais for bcm at some stage to your programs for key programming?
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

Dazza92VP wrote:Any chance of the bcm stuff being added in for the vq and vp Calais for bcm at some stage to your programs for key programming?
Thought about the VN/VQ/VP stuff, but if Im not mistaken they all use 12v signal... plus speak extreeeeeemely slowly at 160baud (Instead of our normal ALDL speed).

Ill see what happens though, the new cable design Iv been working on technically will take the 12v, guess Ill see if I can get any legible info from the tech1?
Dazza92VP
cars: 92 VP V8 Wagon

Post by Dazza92VP »

Be good if you could include the bcm stuff for them as there is barely anyone with the ability to program these or connect up to these old girls and if you do find someone with the tech 1 bcm cartridge they want your first born right arm and both nuts
The1

Post by The1 »

Dazza92VP wrote:Be good if you could include the bcm stuff for them as there is barely anyone with the ability to program these or connect up to these old girls and if you do find someone with the tech 1 bcm cartridge they want your first born right arm and both nuts
i havn't collected any yet, not even a gold mine :(
Tazzi

Post by Tazzi »

The1 wrote:
Dazza92VP wrote:Be good if you could include the bcm stuff for them as there is barely anyone with the ability to program these or connect up to these old girls and if you do find someone with the tech 1 bcm cartridge they want your first born right arm and both nuts
i havn't collected any yet, not even a gold mine :(
I get a couple requests daily. Alot of people have the older vehicles. Will be posting it all up when its logged :thumbup: