Capturing Tech1 Commands VS V6

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
danrmp
cars: 1994 Chevrolet Omega 3.0
1996 Chevrolet Omega 4.1
2004 Chevrolet Vectra 2.2

Re: Capturing Tech1 Commands VS V6

Post by danrmp »

Tazzi wrote:Tech1 kits arrived! Lights up which is a start!

- Opel/Vauxhall 87-95 ECU GB
- Opel/Vauxhall 87-95 ECU GB (Double up??)

Hello Tazzi,

I came into this thread last year, just before you received your Tech1. I had just purchased my first Tech1, with a broken screen.

On the course of this year, I've been able to replace the LCD (a standard 16x4 LCD will work, just have to be careful with the backlight voltage), to purchase a RS232 interface and a set of Opel/Vauxhall cartridges.

I have two Chevrolet Omega, one uses a Motronic 1.5 which I can use the Opel 91-92 cartridge. The other, uses the Motronic 2.8.1, which is not covered by these cartridges.

On Brazil there was a special program for Chevrolet cars, named "GM do Brasil 91-98".

I'm trying to get my hands on the TIS2000 Brazil package to program a Mass Storage Cartridge that I just bought. Anyone who may have this will be a HUGE help.

Did you managed to get a dump from the 88-95 cartridge?. Maybe I can access my 2.8.1 motronic with this program.

I have some electronics skills and I can help with the comms capture and maybe with the code disassembly. I don't have a digital scope nor an EEPROM burner, but a logic analyzer is available. Also a spare US cartridge (I think it is 87-88 ECM) that may help.

Thanks,

Danniel
Last edited by danrmp on Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
picvrss
cars: Commodore VR Series II SS
Commodore VF Series II SSV Redline

Re: Capturing Tech1 Commands VS V6

Post by picvrss »

An old thread, I know, but I've only recently joined the forum.
Has anyone ever sniffed the Tech1 data stream to a VR (not VS) BCM of any level when commanding functional/output tests?
These should be bit-field messages, similar to those sent to an ECM/PCM when doing the same.
Even just knowing the number of bytes in a command would be helpful.
Thanks.