Vs v8 scanning help

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
Nitro Worms

Re: Vs v8 scanning help

Post by Nitro Worms »

No cam specs or vac guage on car so didnt get much clues there but it sounds like a pretty big stick and double springs and solid lifters. He said its got 70 thou off vn heads with stock bottom end. Its a hsv clubsport and hes got it looking pretty good too. 1000cfm throttle body on torque power high rise single. The guy who modded it maybe should of went a dual plane or left bananas on haha as the owner just cruises mostly on club days.
Nitro Worms

Post by Nitro Worms »

I will have a bit of a dig on here and see if theres some type of 12p tune floating around I could try downloading onto my laptop and into my 808 ecu and run his car on to try log it. I’m starting to think the chiptorque memcal might be a bit off. I didnt see it go closed loop on wideband in the shed. No idea what they have on that memcal. I might have a chat with antus or gareth and see what gear we would need for his ecu and go that way if I cant get it leaner somehow.
Nitro Worms

Post by Nitro Worms »

I’m having trouble finding that guy who used to sell exchange ignition modules on ebay. I got one off him years ago and it was called the nuclear or burnout or something like that and he changed the transister to a black square type rather than the round one along with various other things inside which he said helps spark and stops them burning out. He had some sort of competition on his ad where he joked about how badly people could destroy there modules. Does that ring any bells? Is that guy still around does anyone know or are there better ignition modules around these days that I could look at?
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

Nuclear Powered Modules. Funny, when you mentioned the setup on your V8 that name came to me straight away.
No longer in existence it looks like. Your coil would have been the MEC718 (medium energy coil).
I.C.E. ignition used to do a kind of module but I don't think it's around anymore, though I haven't looked lately.
The owner is a switched on Aussie, well respected even in the US. Sells a lot of gear to them.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Run the right plugs, BPR6EF
Remove the MSD coil and go to a new stock one.

These won't fix your problems but will set you better for the future
Nitro Worms

Post by Nitro Worms »

Mec 718 and bpr6ef plugs will be ordered tomorrow if we cant find em in town. Its a pity that nuclear guy is gone. Seemed a lot of folk liked his modules.
In-Tech

Post by In-Tech »

agreed, throw the china coils away and a good number -6 heat range ngk spark plug to start with as mentioned.
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

'quipt4it wrote:A resistor plug will definitely help with fouling. That's what it's for. But there are limits...
Is it a HVC or an oil filled coil. The module is only compatible with medium energy output coils. Have a look inside the distributor cap. That popping could be caused by carbon tracks between the terminal posts.
Is the fuel regulator holding vacuum. A leaking reg. will cause richness.
Plus don't forget the other two things on your 'shopping list' lol.
New avatar. Nice...
Nitro Worms

Post by Nitro Worms »

The poor chump who owns the car has had it in 3 different workshops in town racking up heaps of labour hrs trying to get it running good and they all scratched their heads and gave in it seems and charged him anyway. but I’m not seeing any new parts on the car except the plugs. I dont think any of em know much about the delco tune side.

Its a small town and I remember the car from the late 90’s when we were younger lapping around town friday nights. I had bikes back then. Lost contact with the guy and recently met him again decided to try help him sort it out. I’m no expert just a backyard tinkerer but I’m sure we can figure it out with all your help. Just got to ease him into the nvram mods as its his coin. But he did like the look of my laptop and my 808 in his car as I showed him what it can do :)

Thats a pic of my old hilux 4x4 with the boosted 383 i cobbled together 10 years or so ago. Think ive had like 4 accounts on here over the years but keep losing logins haha
Last edited by Nitro Worms on Sun May 09, 2021 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

Is that you V8 Bulldogs?