Vs v8 scanning help

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
Gampy

Re: Vs v8 scanning help

Post by Gampy »

From your laptop, clicking on the link should open a dialog,
xdf_download.png
xdf_download.png (5.9 KiB) Viewed 2786 times
Select Save File and then OK, and it should save a file named "$83 VS V8 v1.01.xdf" in your downloads location, use that xdf file in TunerPro.
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Nitro Worms

Post by Nitro Worms »

Aha, thank you sir!
Nitro Worms

Post by Nitro Worms »

I downloaded the xdf

opened tuner pro, loaded the $83 xdf. loaded the 32kb bin file I sucked out of the chiptorque memcal.

The xdf seems to be working, I see all the scalers, flags, and tables but have zero data within any of them from the bin.
in the acquisition tab within tuner pro and the load definition file tab.... should I have a adx loaded here? trying to figure out why the tables are all blank. any ideas? maybe they have their own xdf that we dont have. :study:

in the memcal id tool, under the car tab, I see in the second line down the bmzl1790 bin and $5a and manual 16206305 ecu hsv 5.0 185kw. My friends ecu is marked bmzl and has the 305 ecu but when I try load that xdf and friends 32kb bin file I only see a few tables and scalers. All I can think to do now is load his bin in tuner pro from flash tool and try every xdf from the memcal id tool I have and see if I get lucky with reading it :mrgreen:
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

You will need to stack the bin. The file needs to be 64kb.
Info on stacking is here:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Nitro Worms

Post by Nitro Worms »

Opened tunerpro, tools, bin stacker, selected 32KB bin size-32KB block size-64KB chip size. Left the fill (0x) at 0x00 box untouched and End Justify Bin in Block checkbox unchecked...
Browsed my 32KB bin file twice then clicked stack.

It said successful and made a 64KB Bin file for me.

Opened that stacked bin in tunerpro along with the $83 xdf file mentioned and still no joy. :(
Lots of blank tables etc. same as before. They didnt make it easy to see their bins it seems. Well maybe it would be easier if I had any clue what I’m doing here lol.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Have you looked at the bin in a hex editor/viewer to see if it looks like a sane download ... And not actually empty (all 0x00 or 0xFF).
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Nitro Worms

Post by Nitro Worms »

mate, I don't even know what a hex is. I was even surprised I downloaded anything from the memcal. I was basicly like a monkey clicking stuff in the flashtool and error screen and it eventually spat out a 32KB file but whats on it I wouldn't have a clue Hahaha
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

$83 VS V8 is an auto XDF.
Nitro Worms wrote:Hi, A friend has a 96 Vs v8 series 2 manual sedan...
:comp: < me
Nitro Worms

Post by Nitro Worms »

Using the xdf from memcal id tool which matches the car (2nd one down, bmzl hsv manual 5.0) about the only data that looks like it might be right is the main spark table. This xdf appears incomplete .

The car is unregistered at present so I will have my work cut out once nvram board arrives to try cobble a tune together from within his car port to get it driveable.

He might not have much clutch left by the time I try loading it up here and there to hit a few cells Haha.
'quipt4it

Post by 'quipt4it »

Nitro Worms wrote:...He might not have much clutch left by the time I try loading it up here and there to hit a few cells Haha.
That's exactly my preferred method of 'frustration' tuning lol.