VX/VY Flash PCM ADX

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: VX/VY Flash PCM ADX

Post by VL400 »

When you say the dash goes stupid, the car or TP dash? The car dash will sometimes go crazy (but will always stop working) and will get a CEL as you have taken over the data bus while logging. And just in case but you prob already have found this, but you cant have the OSE plugin enabled on VT and later.

Did you use the vehicle select drop down box in the flashtool to choose flash PCM? If you save the detailed info from the flashtool and post it up might be able to see whats going on.
The1

Post by The1 »

Hey VL it was the tunerpro dash, yeh i had set the plugin back to normal. Yeh i figured the dash was because it couldn't talk on the bus. i used the "Flash PCM in Vehicle" option, also tried changing the wait for silence value, but the best i could get with bin download was halfway. It either had timeout or bad frame? From memory, next time i have a chance i will save the detailed information. It could be my usb adaptor though it does use a FTDI FT232RL chip so shouldn't be dodgy. After a couple of times trying it wouldn't connect and car wouldn't start, i guess it's a lockout? Reset the pcm and was fine again. Might get a adaptor from you VL if youve got some spare so it's a known working one.
drift-it
cars: 03 vy calais L67

Post by drift-it »

VL400 wrote: but you cant have the OSE plugin enabled on VT and later.
i learnt this this morning! found it the other night figured i'd download it for when i got my nvram. tried logging thismorning and nothing/ changed it back to tp plugin and worked fine. i was a bit put off by all the check engine stuff coming up to. didnt want to drive anywhere.
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

Don't worry about that, it is just because the dash isn't getting the data it usually expects.
Under normal operation the BCM periodically requests that that the PCM send data to the dash, but when you are logging you have to tell the BCM to shut up, so it never sends the request, and the PCM never sends the data to the dash.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

my VXII log seems my o2 sensors are kaput never goes closed loop no wonder it drnks fuel
mike log.xdl
(303.28 KiB) Downloaded 430 times
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

fitted a new right hand o2 i had lying round that had done about an hour in the vb turbo closed loop action now feels like a different car.adx needs a few mods works fine doing just engine data but data jumps round if doing engine and trans data must be set for too many bytes of daTA new log attached
mikenewo2.xdl
(361.65 KiB) Downloaded 406 times
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

fixed the adx now logs engine and trans data mint even still get cruise control power economy and all dash functions just start the engine before connection and it should be fine .another log as well with all data recorded even turned on power mode trac control and used cruise to trigger all the flags
MIKE FULL LOG.xdl
(86.81 KiB) Downloaded 434 times
VX Engine and trans TP5 V104 delcowizzid edition.adx
(128.04 KiB) Downloaded 674 times
VL400

Post by VL400 »

Thanks, will update the ADX thread with this version
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

added another history table as well its left hand o2 volts but can change the data to knock or whatever you want easy enough .ill be working on it in my spare time adding a few things i need and want :mrgreen: been a while since i contributed something ;)
VL400

Post by VL400 »

I am surprised though that it wasnt working with the heartbeat searching etc When developing the ADX the heartbeat detection made it always connect, without it was a little hit and miss.

First post is updated now :thumbup: