antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: VX/VY Flash PCM ADX

Post by antus »

sounds like the 'rock solid' o2 sensor is probably dead, or has a wiring issue.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

Check when running on petrol and LPG. Factory LPG uses only the RH sensor from memory, when running on LPG the other one does not update and flatlines. When running on petrol both O2's should be working.
yoda
Nathen
cars: VY SII Factory Lpg Police pack

Post by Nathen »

Thanks for the info guys will try on petrol here is the bin. The Car is a 04 VYII factory Lpg ex Police car.
Also ADX file was "VX Engine and trans TP5 V104 delcowizzid edition",This seemed to be the most reliable and the XDF is "VY V6_$060B v2.3"
Tried both echo settings as described in logging guide but seemed to work best with echo on
Cheers
2004VYII FacLpgPCar.bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 531 times
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

code is 92162166 which is $06b, but the eeprom section has been cleared so the bin isn't useable!
Nathen

Post by Nathen »

VX L67 Getrag wrote:code is 92162166 which is $06b, but the eeprom section has been cleared so the bin isn't useable!
Ok when I downloaded it from the car I clicked yes to the clear internal registers. I thought what you are supposed to do when posting the bin online to clear the vin number ect. Is this incorrect
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Posting the bin without the EEPROM is correct, keeps your VIN and security details offline. All the calibration data and code data is there so it can be identified as to what type it is, and if you start making tune changes and want some advice we can can see what has changed and offer help.
Nathen

Post by Nathen »

Ok slowly becoming clearer, I found there is a definite procedure to connecting for logging and you have to stick to it otherwise you get garbage.
What I'm using
Vl400 usb ALDL connector
VY V6 060B 2.3 XDF
Yoda69 1.04 ADF flie
TP V5

Connect ALDL connector to USB port FIRST Don't connect ALDL connector to car first as pc thinks it is a mouse (go figure)
Start TP
Connect ALDL connector to port
Turn ignition on but don't start car
Let PCM go through self check This is important Otherwise when you you will get garbage
push the acquire data button in TP

After a while dash indicate fault and the engine fans start This works 99% of the time.
I have found that If I still get garbage at this point you have to unplug everything quit everything turn the ignition off and start again

Thanks to Yoda69 you are correct that on LPG it only uses one Sensor, Although my left hand sensor looks very lazy when on petrol which I believe is an indication it is on the way out.
The1

Post by The1 »

the serial mouse thing is a Microsoft problem, info here.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/819036
caaf
cars: Holden VY SII S/Wagon V6

Post by caaf »

Apologies for the resuss of an old thread and this being my first post hopefully wont get to badly flamed!

Firstly i must say thanks for all the extremly hard work you guys have put in. Without you guys I wouldn't be here asking the stupid questions.

Has anyone worked out how to allow some chatter between the PCM and BCM so we dont get the "check engine" and low fan error popping up when connected the car?.. im far from any egg spurt and would love a stable ADX file.

VYII wagon V6
Cheers
Dave
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

No. Chatter uses all of the available time on the bus, and so does logging. As is you cant do both, and some kind of half way would require significant re-engineering of the car. The speeds you would achieve with the current engineering by turning the chatter on for a cycle, let things communicate, then off for a cycle, log one packet, repeat or similar would result in logging way to slow to be usable.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396