VX/VY Flash PCM ADX

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Re: VX/VY Flash PCM ADX

Post by yoda69 »

From what I've seen with vl400's data logger and tazzi's tool you can do it but logging speed drops from 10hz to about 3hz at best. At this speed becomes marginal as to whether you get enough detail logging at this speed to properly diagnose problems depending what they are. Should be able to do with tuner pro but stability may be an issue timing the requests between chatter.
The1

Post by The1 »

using the enhanced adx will give you the best results, logging with chatter disabled is still crap for speed imho so you wouldn't want it any worse with it enabled lol
caaf
cars: Holden VY SII S/Wagon V6

Post by caaf »

Thanks for the information it's taken on board Yoda69 and The1.

I did purchase ALDLDroid hoping to have seem less connectivity with the car but alas that's the limitations of ALDL. I just didn't know if it was possible wth a different approach.

You mention Tazzi and VL400 another couple of blokes with masses amount determination. I'm aware of Tazzi's software and cable (recently purchased) and look forward to his latest release (again) with descriptive vid this time.

You guys never cease to amaze me.. I've been sitting on the side for ages running though threads ect Joined up make a single post and you're into it! I certainly appreciate the interaction.
Cheers
Dave
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

caaf wrote:Apologies for the resuss of an old thread and this being my first post hopefully wont get to badly flamed!

Firstly i must say thanks for all the extremly hard work you guys have put in. Without you guys I wouldn't be here asking the stupid questions.

Has anyone worked out how to allow some chatter between the PCM and BCM so we dont get the "check engine" and low fan error popping up when connected the car?.. im far from any egg spurt and would love a stable ADX file.

VYII wagon V6
I believe.. I thought one of The1's enhanced bins connected up and worked perfectly in TunerPro when testing this previously? I can't remember if it did disable the chatter or not.

But when you do not disable chatter, the amount of engine data you can obtain per second drops by about half but the car doesnt cause engine error or anything like that. :thumbup:
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
caaf
cars: Holden VY SII S/Wagon V6

Post by caaf »

Thanks Tazzi,

I'll continue to have a play.. Just great to read how helpful you guys are!
Cheers
Dave
vk4akp
cars: 2004 - VY2 - Commodore Wagon (Auto)
1981 - VC - Commodore (Starfire 5SP-Manual)
1979 - UC - Torana Hatch (4Sp Manual)

Post by vk4akp »

Hi, What's the difference between the different .ADX versions and which one should I use?
I have been trying the DelcoWizzard version in ALDLdroid so far.
I have a 2004 VY series 2 Commodore Wagon (v6 + 4L60E) [$060B].
It is an ex QAS vehicle so police spec. And has had LPG fitted at one point (Now removed).
Suffers rough idle and poor fuel consumption. I suspect maybe an O2 sensor which is what got me started on trying to learn using the software to diagnose.
Any help appreciated.
.-.-.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

The enhanced adx files are from the1's enhanced packages, which are better defined and more consistent than most of what came prior. As the enhanced bins are based on stock code with features and improvements the adx files also work on stock bins, with the exceptions that extra inputs and wideband etc wont have data (or valid data).

Fuel consumption is probably because your fuel trims are miles out because of a bad o2 sensor, or its grounding.

Police spec software is no different to standard, except on VT where it has a slightly higher idle in order to create more charge at idle for the myriad of electronics on board.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
vk4akp
cars: 2004 - VY2 - Commodore Wagon (Auto)
1981 - VC - Commodore (Starfire 5SP-Manual)
1979 - UC - Torana Hatch (4Sp Manual)

Post by vk4akp »

Thanks. I did post a couple of logs from ALDLdroid in another thread that I started but no response yet.
I have no idea what I'm looking at really yet. LoL. Need some more reading material from somewhere I guess.
And I can't for the life of me get TunerPro to connect to the interface on USB or BT so far. All the other software works fine to date.
.-.-.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Put up a screen shot of your settings in your other thread.see what we're looking at