WK LS1 - Can TunerPro connect - What Cable Required?

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
JohnDee68
cars: L36 Vx Series 2 8/2002 Acclaim Wagon 3.8L ECOTEC II.

WK LS1 - Can TunerPro connect - What Cable Required?

Post by JohnDee68 »

I would like to use TunerPro to connect to my friends Holden Statesman WK with an LS1 motor.
1. Is it possible?
2. What cable is required?
3. What XDF, ADX files are required to view and log via TunerPro.

Any advice appreciated.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Re: WK LS1 - Can TunerPro connect - What Cable Required?

Post by Tazzi »

Hi,

For logging live data, the LS1's do not use Tunerpro, but you can use it for modifying the factory tune once you have pulled the tune out.

You can pull the tune out using either application:
• PCM Hammer - For Windows PC
• LSDroid - For Android Smartphones

Recommended tools for live data is OBDX Pro VT, or could also try an OBDLink (these can have issues). Personally i am one of the developers of the OBDX Pro tools, and ensure its always working with both applications for tuning, along with most OBD2 applications for phones/PCs.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
JohnDee68

Post by JohnDee68 »

Hi Tazzi,

I have one of your ALDL cables and your Advanced Engine Diagnosis software. At this stage I would just like to get a visual that is better than one of the low end scan tools my friend has bought, not needing to tune or anything at this stage, just diagnostics.

I have an OBD2 cable I got off ebay (I think it was one of the ELM versions) before I got my ALDL cable and software from you later for my Vx Commodore.
I would presume then from what you say is that neither those would be able to read the protocol which i see is VPW, is that correct?
Are all the OBDX Pro VT only wireless or can you supply a usb cable version ?

thanks
John.
Tazzi
cars: VE SS Ute

Post by Tazzi »

JohnDee68 wrote:Hi Tazzi,

I have one of your ALDL cables and your Advanced Engine Diagnosis software. At this stage I would just like to get a visual that is better than one of the low end scan tools my friend has bought, not needing to tune or anything at this stage, just diagnostics.

I have an OBD2 cable I got off ebay (I think it was one of the ELM versions) before I got my ALDL cable and software from you later for my Vx Commodore.
I would presume then from what you say is that neither those would be able to read the protocol which i see is VPW, is that correct?

thanks
John.
If have a quality/genuine ELM cable then it will be able to communicate over VPW, the cheap knockoffs will not work.

And the VT has both wireless and USB built into it.
Your Local Aussie Reverse Engineer
Contact for Software/Hardware development and Reverse Engineering
Site:https://www.envyouscustoms.com
Mob:+61406 140 726
JohnDee68

Post by JohnDee68 »

Tazzi wrote:
JohnDee68 wrote:Hi Tazzi,

thanks
John.
If have a quality/genuine ELM cable then it will be able to communicate over VPW, the cheap knockoffs will not work.

And the VT has both wireless and USB built into it.

Thank you Tazzi,
It may be a cheap knock-off. I guess i will soon know when I actually get to try it.
If it doesn't do the job, I will let my friend know about the VT and see what he wants to do at that point.
Thanks again.