VS L67 running rich on drivers bank

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
bignutzzz

Re: VS L67 running rich on drivers bank

Post by bignutzzz »

So a win and a loss at the same time. still misfiring at operating temp. But i am able to get LTFT data now. I also noticed the spark advance increase up to the 40s. any ideas? Ive attached the log if anyone feels like telling me what they think, would be much appreciated.
Attachments
Removed Heated window relay.xdl
(302.28 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
Charlescrown
cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Tried to read your log. Can you post the definition file your using.
bignutzzz

Post by bignutzzz »

sorry my bad. I also had a bit of a brain wave overnight about my lifters. New pushrods on the way.
Attachments
$51 VS V6 Engine and Trans v1.11 WB Innovate.adx
(145.45 KiB) Downloaded 122 times
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Are you thinking they may be too long?
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

IMO you have too much timing. 30deg at idle seems a bit too much but I may be wrong. Something is happening when the O2 sensors start working you can see it at 3.26 in the log. When the O2 sensors start working the timing jumps 10 degrees. When tuning you best to turn off the O2 sensors from memory it's done by setting the turn on temp as high as you can in the tune. This prevents it interfering with your changes. Left hand trying to fight the righ. See what happens with them off and post back a new log. Also post your latest BIN file and XDF.
bignutzzz

Post by bignutzzz »

i thought the lifters i put in were oem spec. but they were ls7 lifters. so i think i have too much preload.
to me it sounds like a vacuum leak which is why i was thinking it could be a cracked head or inlet.
Ive got the pushrods out atm, ill run that test in a couple days after i destroy it with pushrods that are too short lol.
Attachments
VS L67 v1.08 $51.xdf
(783.05 KiB) Downloaded 113 times
VS_V6_SC_$51_Enhanced_v1.0a.bin
(128 KiB) Downloaded 112 times
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Just had a look at std timing table for L67 and it seems they do have heaps of advance in the low rpm area. Try turning off the o2 sensors and see what happens.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

LS lifters?

When I built the engine in my VP I used genuine LS lifters and measured the preload with a dial gauge setup and adjustable measuring pushrod. Once I had the exact preload I measured the adjustable pushrod, then I ordered the right length from Crow cams.

Mine ended up being shorter with the new lifters and decked heads and block, LS lifter have about 1mm less preload than the old gen lifters that the V6s came with.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
bignutzzz

Post by bignutzzz »

Charlescrown wrote:IMO you have too much timing. 30deg at idle seems a bit too much but I may be wrong. Something is happening when the O2 sensors start working you can see it at 3.26 in the log. When the O2 sensors start working the timing jumps 10 degrees. When tuning you best to turn off the O2 sensors from memory it's done by setting the turn on temp as high as you can in the tune. This prevents it interfering with your changes. Left hand trying to fight the righ. See what happens with them off and post back a new log. Also post your latest BIN file and XDF.
Im not sure how to do that lol. Ive just been logging.

I pulled off the m90 and noticed all coating was coming off the rotors. Quite a bit of it actually. Is it possible that a worn supercharger would cause this condition/misfire?
also did a leak down test, all cylinders are under 5%.