vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: VS L67 running rich on drivers bank

Post by vlad01 »

Even with no power/battery disconnected?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
bignutzzz

Post by bignutzzz »

vlad01 wrote:We had an XF falcon when I was young that had a miss and everything showed up fine, comp and leak down were fine. The mechanic found a wiped lobe on the cam.

The old 253 and 308s used to do it without fail too.

With roller cams this is very unlikely but the reason I am asking about the cam's origin is that I have heard of Crow cams grinding cams with one or more lobes with wrong timing compared to the rest of the lobes by mistake.
Ive just had a new cam put in when it was rebuilt, no metal or anything in oil to suggest it would already have failed.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

What brand of cam?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
bignutzzz

Post by bignutzzz »

vlad01 wrote:Even with no power/battery disconnected?
i just went out and double checked, disconnected battery terminal, still showing short to ground.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Weird. Which colour wire on the o2 does that correspond with?
bignutzzz

Post by bignutzzz »

Charlescrown wrote:Sorry I should have clarified the power balace test. Best method is with a scantool and it's just a matter of pressing a button and it then goes thru a full test on all cylinders then displays the results. Bush method is to disconnect eaach injector when the engine is idling noting the drop in revs. The bigger the drop the stronger the cylinder so when you see little or no drop thats the cylinder causing the problem A cylinder leakage test is good but all it tells you is how well the cyliner is pressurising. I there are issues like worn cam lobes it shows up as good. I run 4 basic tests on an engine to determine condition. Compression, cyl leakage, power balance and exhaust gas analasis but the first 3 should clearly tell you what cylinder is the offender and an anaysis will allow you to determine just what is causing the problem.
Thanks for that. ill have to give it a go. i was trying to find a similar function in the tunerpro software but i dont think the aldl had a self testing function like obd2. I'm probably wrong though lol.
bignutzzz

Post by bignutzzz »

vlad01 wrote:Weird. Which colour wire on the o2 does that correspond with?
the pink wire. which is 12v to the sensor circuit like you were saying. even just testing at the plug, pink wire to either black wires i get a short.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I mean which colour wire does the pink match with on the sensor itself? white, black or grey? Just wondering if it's not some stupid colour for ground that holden has used. Not familiar with any of the wiring harness newer than VP.
bignutzzz

Post by bignutzzz »

vlad01 wrote:I mean which colour wire does the pink match with on the sensor itself? white, black or grey? Just wondering if it's not some stupid colour for ground that holden has used. Not familiar with any of the wiring harness newer than VP.
download/file.php?id=15491
On that diagram, it has it labelled as 12v to the sensor circuit.
bignutzzz

Post by bignutzzz »

so turns out pink 12v from the oxys run back to fuse 9. which has continuity with fuse 10. these 2 circuits share the same source for 12v. so with fuse 10 out, the short is gone from fuse 9. Suspect of the rear heated window, i removed the relay which got rid of the short. fingers crossed. i also found out the light to my cigarette lighter is shorting. fun and games.