checking and setting iac steps Holden VS V6

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
Pete30nz
cars: 1994 VR v6 berlina
1996 VS v6 executive

Re: checking and setting iac steps Holden VS V6

Post by Pete30nz »

Ill have to try that maybe tomorrow evening. Hopfully that all it is. and not that map sensor.?

ive attached the log file below.

cheers
Attachments
VR V6 high idle 2000rpm map sensor.xdl
(8.5 KiB) Downloaded 109 times
Pete30nz
1996 VS v6 executive

Post by Pete30nz »

Evening. I just came in from holding the revs over 2000rpm for 30 seconds. When i let the accelerator go, it sits at 2000rpm.
I have one option to swap back to the old iac valve, or im thinking its the map sensor issue now.

any ideas?

cheers
Pete
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

what adx did you take that log you posted with?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Pete30nz
1996 VS v6 executive

Post by Pete30nz »

antus wrote:what adx did you take that log you posted with?
it was VR_$11_v1.05-tp5.zip for the VR

Why is that ? :thumbup:
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

because the log only contains the data from the car and if you dont have the right adx loaded the log will look like junk data. and I wanted to look at your log. :)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Pete30nz
1996 VS v6 executive

Post by Pete30nz »

Uh oh, i see. what adx should i be using please?
antus
Site Admin
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute

Post by antus »

Thats fine, I loaded VR_$11_v1.05-tp5.zip and can see your log with it. Looking at it, the only error is map low, which is probably expected because you unplugged it. Im not sure why your doing that, but it can be ignored for now. There is an 'o2 voltage outside of high/low threshold' status flag, Im not sure what normal is for the vr v6, but that does look sus. The o2 volts is showing your fueling is quite a way out. Although this could be because its cold and not come up to temp? Maybe someone with more vr v6 experience can say. For the RPM staying high, that sounds like an air leak. Your throttle isnt open, and thats quite a long way from idle, so a fair bit of air must be getting past it. There are a number of different size iac engines available in different brands of cars, could it be that you installed one with a shorter plunger than what suits the VR throttlebody? If this is the case enough air could be permanently leaking through it to hold the revs up at about 2k.

I cant seem to see any data when I load the first two logs in this thread. Where they taken with a different ADX?
Pete30nz
1996 VS v6 executive

Post by Pete30nz »

I unplugged the map sensor to see if the car would run better or act better, it didnt idle as high and it was rough idle.

The iac i installed could be different i guess, i will have to install the old iac to see if it remedys the high idle. When i purchased it off amazon, i thought it was the same part. Some thing to learn if it isnt correct.

The logs in the first message of this thread are VS V6, taken with this $51 VS V6 Engine and Trans v1.11 WB Innovate.adx or
$51 VS V6 Engine and Trans v1.10 WB 14.7kit.adx.

i cant remember sorry, it was a week ago or so.

cheers
Pete
kojab
cars: VT V6 supercharged in a corolla

Post by kojab »

I posted this on another thread recently. Might be causing your high idle

Check your TPS closed throttle Voltage. Should be around 0.7V - 0.8V approx. Typically it is less than 1 Volt.

Just set the closed TPS voltage to 0.7V making sure you are using a good earth. After starting the engine or cycling the IGN key the TPS voltage should automatically read 0%
Pete30nz
1996 VS v6 executive

Post by Pete30nz »

Pete30nz wrote:I unplugged the map sensor to see if the car would run better or act better, it didnt idle as high and it was rough idle.

The iac i installed could be different i guess, i will have to install the old iac to see if it remedys the high idle. When i purchased it off amazon, i thought it was the same part. Some thing to learn if it isnt correct.

The logs in the first message of this thread are VS V6, taken with this $51 VS V6 Engine and Trans v1.11 WB Innovate.adx or
$51 VS V6 Engine and Trans v1.10 WB 14.7kit.adx.

i cant remember sorry, it was a week ago or so.

cheers
Pete
Ill have to have another go at logging the first post logs in this thread. i cant work it out either.. :?: