OBDLink MX+

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
Backwoodsracing
cars: I have 4 w-body’s 2 Silverado’s 1 Yukon 2 cavaliers

Re: OBDLink MX+

Post by Backwoodsracing »

I know the Bluetooth works had it working with forscan i can't get it to work with tunerpro either
Backwoodsracing

antus wrote:when it says its unsupported its talking to the obdlink ok, and will work. if the blutooth is disconnected and brought back up and you dont get that warning when you initialize then its on the wrong port. if its talking to the obdlink the problem is car / bench side. ignition not on or another electrical problem.
When I try com 4 it just freezes and i have to shut pcm hammer down
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Forscan is PWM, this is VPW. Its somewhat unlikely but its possible there is a problem with the VPW part of the interface. More likely a problem with pcm/power/data bus though. Is it a supported VPW PCM?

edit: yep its not com4 then. But the working one and com 4 might swap from time to time.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Backwoodsracing

I got it to work don’t know what I did but it’s reading the emc. Now to figure out tuner pro lol.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Thank you for the log.
[10:18:05:689] ScanTool device ID: STN2256 v5.6.24
This chip ID is not on the supported list, it needs to be added and tested, I suspect that is all that is needed for it to become supported!

-Enjoy
Intelligence is in the details!

It is easier not to learn bad habits, then it is to break them!

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Anyone who wants to help maintain obdlink and stay in contact with them and keep updating the app, or build sone more smarts in to the app to handle com ports moving around, and/or start with big packets and fallback a step at a time to smaller as required please do so.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Backwoodsracing,

It would be nice to know the results of your read ...

If it worked, I might be talked into building you a 'Test' version with larger packets and probably faster ...
I would really like to work with you and try a couple builds with larger sized packets to find that chips upper limit. At your leisure of course!

Thank you!

-Enjoy

If I was here to win a popularity contest, their would be no point, so I wouldn't be here!
Backwoodsracing

It worked I read a 02 Silverado P01 and doing a P59 right now. It’s slow about a hour to read os 12597120. I can upload the bin file just don’t know how to make the xdf file for it. And I can’t figure out universal patch for the life of me. Download ls droid for my laptop I guess this one don’t work with that.
Gampy

Post by Gampy »

Awesome, I just PM'd you a test version with it in the Supported category, that raises the packet size from 128 bytes to 1024 bytes.

Please post a debug log.

Thank you!
-Enjoy

Backwoodsracing

Will do when I get back out to the garage.