cars: V8 VR Commodore BT1
LB Lancer 2L turbo & Delco
Starion TBI with Delco
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO4 track car
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Tunerpro advice

Post by Charlescrown »

I decided to do a log and view the block learn data. To my surprise all read 100 even under boost where the air fuel ratio is aimed at 11:1. I thought it should show above or below if the ECU is adding or subtracting fuel to keep it on 14.7:1 and if the desired fuel is outside that it shouldn't show antihing at all. I'm using 12P. Any advice welcome.
pman92
cars: HZ One Tonner
VE Ute

Re: Tunerpro advice

Post by pman92 »

What's the INT (Integrator) doing?
And what's the o2 sensor voltage doing?

O2 sensor voltage is basically what is happening right now.
Integrator is short term fuel trim in direct response to what the o2 sensor has been reading over a very recent time frame.
Block learn is long term fuel trim, based off what the integrator has been doing at a particular point over a long period of time.

They don't work unless the fuel trim is at stoichiometric 14.7. If the desired fuel trim is outside that then it will default to the default value of 100
VR-VY Holden BCM Simulator: View Post
MrModule.com.au
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

The O2 is running at 800mv except for under load where I know it's leaning out. The INT is a new one to me so I'll look into that today. I would have thought it wouldn't log anything outside the desired 14.7 fuel map area. Tha'ts whats thrown me as it is lean but logging 100 well outside the range of the 14.7 area of the fuel map. I normally log with a wideband but this time thought I'd have a look at the block learn data. It's probably not of any real value to me if I stick with using the wideband but I'd like to understand it a little more.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

It can't send nothing, its a string of bytes and even 00 is a value and the position in the mode01 packet has to filled with something. 100 means 100% fuel so no change from calculated, so 100 is your nothing. It sounds like its turned off due to one or more of the settings in the tune, or never meeting the criteria to turn on.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I figure it's in the program. I checked the log for INT and it's doing nothing.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

I think I worked it out. Middle of the night thought. I turned off closed loop to log and tune the engine and didn't turn it back on. I'll see what happens next week when I have time to get back to it and will post the outcome.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

12P80884.XDL
(303.85 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
OK the lates is I have it now displaying the correct operation of the O2 sensor and can view the INT which is pulling fuel which was not what I thought it would be doing. The problem I have is I can't get anything showing in the BLM history table. I did before but that was because I changed the command association in TunerPro to Update with inputs which I think I shouldn't have done.
I have attached a copy of a log and the ADX I'm using.
Attachments
12P808_3barLogger.adx
(91.77 KiB) Downloaded 74 times
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I don't think I have ever seen the BLM work in any car I've looked at, even completely stock. Like yours it's just 100 but the INT works just as intended, and I know the BLM isn't working as the same cells always trim to the same amount on the INT.

I just assumed the code in 12P for the BLM wasn't functional. I have briefly looked at the settings and haven't seen anything out of the ordinary.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Charlescrown
Starion TBI with Delco
NA MX5
3 vintage motor bikes

Post by Charlescrown »

Thanks Vlad. That being the case I'll just go off the INT till I get it close. Whats an acceptable amount of variation?
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Or even better, if you have wideband is overlay Wideband AFR and Target AFR in the monitors, open your VE tables and turn on bubble tracing, then playback your logs and look for areas with the widest gap between target and actual afr that are not in deceleration areas. You can turn on CalcVE too and even though CalcVE is not accurate enough to automate you can see at a glance where the worst fueling is, and what the VE should be in that area. Then you can work on the VE table in that spot, smooth the changes in by hand or with the smooth function and repeat. You can cycle through tests and changes a lot quicker than waiting for STFT or LTFT to learn something.

Ive attached an example of how I would set it up. Note that this is just loose files from my PC, in this example the fuel is already pretty good and the bin is a different revision, so the actual numbers in the VE dont match the log, its just for illustrative purposes. The green wideband is pretty good over the blue target AFR, you'd be looking to target areas that are worse than this if you know your tune is out.

I put MAP, TPS, and RPM in the top monintor and look at fuel in the bottom one. The top one lets you see whats going on at a glance so you can take decel in to account and ignore those areas and you can see where you hit the throttle and sanity check the MAP at a glance too. Sometimes I'd overlay coolant temp too so you can see where it gets up to temp in your drive and ignore the cold area if you started logging with a cold engine and hit the road but you can easy check that on the dash or data view as well and obviously it doesn't change fast.
Attachments
fuel.png
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396