ALDL Logger

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: ALDL Logger

Post by immortality »

OK, using the above changes work, logger connects at about 3.3Hz and no dash issues :)

However I may have found a possible bug or 2.

I had the logger set to auto connect and record, it connects however it does not seem to record (nothing showing as recoding in the logger screen) and only a saved log with 1k data, did this on Saturday as well using the regular ADX. Turned the Auto connect and record off this evening and manually connect and record does work.

Went for a test drive and took a quick log, however I can't seem to play the log back in TP ?

I've attached my modified ADX which is based on The1's enhanced AXD and log.
Attachments
VXSC_PASS_V6_$A5K_Enhanced_v1.3_DUAL.adx
(135.97 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
VXSC_P08.XDL
(67.21 KiB) Downloaded 297 times
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Have sent you a PM with the current development version. It has improved ALDL code for syncing to a VT and later bus better. I couldnt get the auto record to fail but was able to get the random data recorded problem on v1.10. Your ADX worked fine on my logger running a beta v1.11.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Thanks mate,

I'll upload the new firmware and give it another try.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

mines all go just in the driveway logging happily at 1.6 and power button functional and no fans .ive not yet had any autorecord issues i use it allways.bought a new usb card reader im setup LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
immortality

Post by immortality »

Updated to new firmware, going out for testing :)
immortality

Post by immortality »

Success.

Connected and recorded manually and have good datalog :)

Then I reconfigured to auto connect and record and re-powered. This was partially successful, connected and started recording, switched car off and disconnected logger, however no data in the log. I think I forgot to set the logger to end recording when low voltage.
VL400

Post by VL400 »

To ensure the log is recorded correctly you must make sure its not recording when pulling power, just like the PC wont like having the power cord pulled while reading/writing as files wont be closed off properly.

You need to wait a couple of seconds for the PCM to shutdown if turning off the car while recording, there will be a disconnect message and it will be on the logging screen showing idle. Can then pull the logger cable out. The log will be closed off correctly after completing the TunerPro header so when playing back the log TP knows how long and how many data frames have been recorded.
immortality

Post by immortality »

I left the logger connected and shut down the engine/turned of the ignition fully.

The logger then went from 3.3Hz to about 7Hz. I waited a few seconds and then disconnected the logger from the car. Maybe I didn't wait long enough?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

I dont have a VX to test but on a VT it disconnects/stops recording after about 10 seconds - the PCM takes about 4-5 seconds to shutdown and then in passive mode the logger times out looking for the heartbeat (2 seconds per try). It does increase in Hz briefly as the BCM appears to schedule packets differently at key on and off. Basically the short of it is if its recording and you pull power the log is lost, the file wont be closed off and the header TunerPro reads will be wrong - it must be written last as it has the total number of logged frames.

Also meant to answer your other question, the low voltage stop rec is intended for the '808 not when using one wire ALDL. Its monitoring the 5V input when connected via the RS232 comms interface. This will be the reason your auto record was not working, it will start recording and then see no voltage on that input pin so will stop.
immortality

Post by immortality »

Yeah, seems like I probably didn't wait long enough.