using a nokia cellphone cable too log

160 And 8192 Baud Aldl
delcowizzid

using a nokia cellphone cable too log

Post by delcowizzid »

Well ive just been over too the dark side chipped my first HONDA ECU woohoo what a cock up at 5am after no sleep got it going now though LOL.
Now the honda ecu is being logged with a nokia DKU-5 cellphone cable which is a TTL to USB convertor which uses a seperate transmit and recieve wire and earth on the ecu end and USB on the other now im wondering if this would work for VR-VS ecu aldl logging with a diode installed between the TX and RX ive been thinking this for a long time actually just finally got round to mentioning it.i bought my last one for $6 delivered thats a damn cheap ALDL cable if it works.im pretty sure ALDL is TTL protocol isnt it so i dont see why it wouldnt work could probably solder the TX and RX direct to the ecu board like the serial connection board does to add 8192 baud aldl to the old 808 ecu too.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: using a nokia cellphone cable too log

Post by antus »

But can the nokia do the non-standard 8192baud?
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

NO IDEA at all mate LOL havnt thought that far it uses a PL2303 or similar chip i know that much
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Nice low cost solution if it works! Have to just give it a go and see what rates it supports.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

well it does each side of 8192 does 7800 or something and 9600 as usual goes way higher than that too but we dont need that might have to power up the vs ecu and see if it works as a 1 wire aldl cable first think i have a diode here somewhere.