LSx Coil Driver

Ecu Hardware Modifications
SilentBob
cars: VY

Re: LSx Coil Driver

Post by SilentBob »

Got in a few boards, if anybody is keen I'll send out the first few as a beta test at a reduced price.

I have been running one in my daily for thousands of k's so far, would just like to get some data and opinions from more people before making more.

I've made these fundamentally similar to VL400's original design for those already familiar with that unit, but have added some additional features.

It has:

3 coil inputs

6 logic level ignition outputs

1 relay output

Bluetooth onboard for connection to the accompanying app which offers greater control over cut strategies, etc.

Pm me if interested
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

How much
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

This will be popular. 6 outputs does that mean no multi coil V8 support?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

the only way you could do it on a V8 is if it had a DFI module on it ... this module doesnt know where the engine is, the V6 DFI module works that out and just sends 3 signals to this module, which in turn fires a pair of LS coils (or two logic level outputs) per input.

the only way to do what you want i think Dylan is with the full blown ignition module VL400 made and the required crank/cam signals into it.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

Thank you, my assumption was he was to replicate that full blown unit VL400 made. Great work here none the less
SilentBob

Post by SilentBob »

Holden202T wrote:the only way you could do it on a V8 is if it had a DFI module on it ... this module doesnt know where the engine is, the V6 DFI module works that out and just sends 3 signals to this module, which in turn fires a pair of LS coils (or two logic level outputs) per input.

the only way to do what you want i think Dylan is with the full blown ignition module VL400 made and the required crank/cam signals into it.
Spot on 202, this is an alternative to the lsx coil driver vl400 did, not the programmable ignition module.
syntaxterror

Post by syntaxterror »

How much?
SilentBob

Post by SilentBob »

syntaxterror wrote:How much?
Pm'd you
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

I'm also interested.
syntaxterror

Post by syntaxterror »

Hi any progress from the testers? Still want to give it a try on my 2.5 ironduke.