USB adaptor maybe

Ecu Hardware Modifications
delcowizzid

Re: USB adaptor maybe

Post by delcowizzid »

ok think i just majored in "how to kill a realtime ecu 101" LOL she no go no more :rant: looks like im off to pick a part this weekend for a fresh one.ide say i nuked the processor :wall: oh well good while it lasted
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ToyHicko
cars: Toyota Celica/VN Bash Car

Post by ToyHicko »

Ok this maybe a silly question but i have look and looked and yet to find an answer. I've notice you all talking about Max232 chips and usb adaptors for the 1227808 to convert it to a 8192 instead of 160 correct?

So how do you do this conversation? Next do you need to change the program to get 8192 or can you use the old 160 speed program? can you run an emulator to do "realtime changes"

Cheers
Jason
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Jason, if you talk to VL400 he can supply you with a usb or serial comms board to make the 808 work in 8192 ... its a matter of 4 or 5 wires connecting to the 808 board itself and this gives you a serial port on the ecm and 8192 data out of it .....

and yeah you need to use a VR $12 code in the computer to get the 8192 data..... this is a good thing though as the vr code is a better option in my opinion!
ToyHicko

Post by ToyHicko »

Only problem is that I have a 4 cylinder so the $12 code is no good to me I need $5D or $54. Oh well I'll just have to stick to the 160 data.

Cheers
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

never fear mate VL400 has a modded $12 to suit camira ignition modules and is in the throws of finishing a realtime tuning version for use with the realtime boards so you cant tune as you drive all for less than the price of an emulator too
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
ToyHicko

Post by ToyHicko »

OK then that sounds just what I need. I'll send him an email

Cheers
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i don't think hes anywhere near finished the $12 that will work with camira module.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Yep, USB will be available shortly, boards have been manufactured and are in the post so just waiting for them to arrive.

The $12 OSE with camira module support will be done soon, there is a fair bit of interest in it! Have had it in another $12 bin with 4cyl support for the pulsar crew so should be easy to implement again. Wil keep you all posted :)
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

well big night of ecu mods to get my 424 ready for testing the OSE$11 i thought ide do my new 808 too while i was at it so now im back running again.new 808 with my old realtime boards and shes back to life so it was a dead ecu from adding the cheap usb adaptor off ebay.now just to see if its a little fuse or diode gone or something may be easy fixed.allso the new 808 was older and has a few differences there was an extra diode on the board and one track was all silver instead of green and it has a white memcal header instead of brown.also the wire strap over the big capacitor is higher off the board and needed bending to clear the comms board so maybe something for people to watch out for.but happy chappy to have it going again no more :comp: ready for :driving: