Wideband integration to 808

Ecu Hardware Modifications
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Wideband integration to 808

Post by krusty »

Just picked up a tech edge 2j9 and want to know how to hook it into the 808 I've already modded with VL400s hardware.

I'll be using it with the laptop stand alone sometimes too so want to make the wide and removable too

Cheers
Holden202T

Re: Wideband integration to 808

Post by Holden202T »

assuming you are using $12P code then wideband analog input is on pin D8
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Just make sure the tune and the configuration of the 0-5v out signal from the techedge agree that 0v and 5v mean the same thing. My naw7s defaults to 10:1 petrol AFR at 0v and 20:1 petrol AFR at 5v, yet the defaults in 12p are setup for the innovate wideband products (7.3 and 23.4). The scalars to check are VE Learn Params - WideBand 0v AFR and VE Learn Params - WideBand 5v AFR.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
krusty

Post by krusty »

antus wrote:Just make sure the tune and the configuration of the 0-5v out signal from the techedge agree that 0v and 5v mean the same thing. My naw7s defaults to 10:1 petrol AFR at 0v and 20:1 petrol AFR at 5v, yet the defaults in 12p are setup for the innovate wideband products (7.3 and 23.4). The scalars to check are VE Learn Params - WideBand 0v AFR and VE Learn Params - WideBand 5v AFR.
Great advice! You probably just saved me a few hours of chasing my tail there!

202, I'll check D8 out. Haven't actuall received the 2J9 yet so not too sure how it will go for connecting to the D8 pin?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

most units just have a wire for analog output and it just has to connect to the D8 pin then other than that usually just a good earth and they seem to work fine!
krusty

Post by krusty »

Just hooking up the 2J9 tonight and want to jump into one of the earths in the ECM just to make the RT 808 a ready to go tune box of sorts. Thought it will be easier than hooking into an earth remotely as I will be using the wideband with both Kalmaker and TP.

The wideband + will go to D8 and I was thinking of using D10 for the earth. Anyone see an issue with earthing to the ECM or would it be better to go remote?

Where is a good point to pick up an RPM signal in case I need to log aside from WB integration to the ECM?
Attachments
OSE 12P ECM Pinouts.txt
(16.66 KiB) Downloaded 419 times
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I dont know about the techedge, but the naw7s recommends heater power be at least 30 cm away from the logic power, presumable because of the high current draw for the sensor heater. You could try it, but beware that you might create power issues for it or the ecu. Cig. lighter adaptor would be better, or run the power outside the car with the sensor cable and connect up to the battery (thats what I did with mine).

Also it depends what type of heater circuit design it has. The naw_7s switches the heater very quickly to regulate heat and is nice and efficient (and cool), but its quickly on and off some amps of current.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
krusty

Post by krusty »

Here's an extract from the Tech edge site. The repeated remark about sharing a common ground" has my attention. I have the unit powered straight from the battery but the WB+ (signal out) goes to the ECM and the WB- needs to go to the "common ground" which is what had me thinking of hooking it into the ECM.

http://wbo2.com/2j/default.htm

You must connect WBlin+ and WBlin- : The diagram at right shows how to connect the WBlin+/WBlin- output/input to another device (such as an analog data-logger or an ECU). Note how there are two wires used to connect the devices (and the 7-8 link shipped with the unit is removed). As well, note that the two devices are connected with a common ground (GND). In this diagram the two devices are also both powered from the same battery, but this is not mandatory, but remember it is mandatory that they share a common ground point for their power.

Relying on just WBlin+ and the common ground, or leaving WBlin- unconnected will result in strange values. Also, if you leave in the 7-8 link shipped with the green connector then you negate much of the accuracy that accrues with the correct connection.
krusty

Post by krusty »

Used D8 and D10 with no dramas. Thanks again for your help guys!
FXST02
cars: VP V6 Auto sedan

Post by FXST02 »

Are there any spare pins in the ECU connector that can be used for WB ingration?

Or do the pins themselves have some sort of identify/part number so some can be ordered?

cheers guys.