Dump the flash from your 32 bit GM PCM.

Ecu Hardware Modifications
delcowizzid

Dump the flash from your 32 bit GM PCM.

Post by delcowizzid »

great article on how to modify your later OBDII ecu to allow reading and writing the flash memory links to the ecu modification including pics and links,schematics and pics to make the hardware to go between the ecu and pc and the drivers and software as well http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/ecm_info/32bit/dumpflash/
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
d1010223
cars: HQ

Re: Dump the flash from your 32 bit GM PCM.

Post by d1010223 »

Hi,

Im at the hardware aquisition stage of my project, do you know what type of ecu this artice describes? Is it in any of our australian GM vehicles? Is this a better move long term then the vn or vr 808 ecu?
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Its a later model than what most people on here discuss, the article is talking about the 68332 processor which is in the LS1 PCMs.

If its better or not is a pretty broad question, while the processing power is far better its far less supported publicly so will have a hard time with the DIY aspect.
etstang
cars: just pieces

Post by etstang »

First post here. i'm trying to hack an ecm with a 68332 processor. will dumping the flash get me everything that is in the ecm ( including the operating code) or will it just get me data? I have been trying to find good sources for information on flashing and disassembling for the last year or so and i'm very excited to have found a place where people know what they're talking about ( at least as far as i can tell)
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yep, you just need the contents of the flash.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
EagleMark
cars: 1994 Buick RoadMaster LT1
1972 IH 345 16197427 PCM Project
1990 Chevy 1227747 HighWay Lean Cruise

Post by EagleMark »

delcowizzid wrote:great article on how to modify your later OBDII ecu to allow reading and writing the flash memory links to the ecu modification including pics and links,schematics and pics to make the hardware to go between the ecu and pc and the drivers and software as well http://www.diy-efi.org/gmecm/ecm_info/32bit/dumpflash/
Problem is all those files disappeared years ago, can't seem to find anyone who had them to give them up?
etstang
cars: just pieces

Post by etstang »

The link is good. The first time I saw it I thought there was a section on beginning disassembly. I saved the website so I would have it incase it got taken down
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The link is good, but the files linked to in the link are not.

Have you got the file linked to at ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/uploads/dumpflash.zip ??