antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: ALDL interface circuit

Post by antus »

It doesnt try to detect it, you configure it and it just takes your word for it that its there.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

it may not see the cable mate i allways run a 2 trans cable for aldl and never bother testing for cable .
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

haha i must be getting slow in my old age you beat me too it :thumbup:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
stocky

Post by stocky »

has anyone here tried the 2 tran circuit?

http://www.home.aone.net.au/techedge/vehicle/2tran.gif

i think ive heard a few people got it to work fine, however i just made this for mine and have got no result with it. plugged it all in and couldnt get any data onto the computer. the engine light wasnt on or flashing while the car was running either.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i use the 2 trans one all the time as long as its got the transistors round the right way and the diode its works fine.on VS the engine light wont flash when its connected
stocky

Post by stocky »

what software did you use? i tried efilive and winaldl and had no luck. i think efilive was giving some echo message error. i have a feeling one of the transistors isnt the correct one
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

in efilive you have to go into the program options and turn on cable echo. with that circuit, whatever you send out the TX line comes straight back in the RX line so it has to know to ignore the echo and read the real packet.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

and winaldl is only good for slow VN-VP 160 baud aldl what transistors are you using ide try keep them a matching pair so they switch at the same speed.i have seen people have issues cause they used high voltage switching transistors too. and as jayme says you need cable echo on but it should still spit out data with an error every 6 or so lines normally with the echo off. some cars it will be working fine till you start the car then it will drop out for some reason i think it may be a dirty alternator charging voltage or something only happens on some cars and with some messing round with the odd setting can work it out
stocky

Post by stocky »

im using 2N3904 transistors. im pretty sure im putting them in the right way. i found a small issue with my circuit that i will fix and give it another go in a few days