antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Convert V6 Netres To V8

Post by antus »

Great info, thanks for letting us know kojab! Rep++ for Dicks Electronics.

Dr Bob, do you know that for sure? I did find a list once of the prefix I think it was, the number letter at the start that described how to tell if a knock filter was v6 or v8, but I didnt save it away and cant find it again! It did check out against the memcals I had on hand at the time, though. Could it be both type and date of manufacture?

Also does anyone have that list? It had several prefixes for v6 and v8, and I think it was a .txt file. Ive googled for hours and just can not find it or recall exactly where it was!
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

Wow, great info there Dick! You may have just saved me from soldering a brand spanking new knock board onto the memcal only to need to remove it again later. I already had enough little lessons in fine soldering today removing the resistor to cut its leg!

Here's a pic of the V6 knock board on the left as I removed from the ATFY memcal today and the supposedly new board I bought from Holden after supplying an HSV build number and tag
b4b3ab1d.jpg
b4b3ab1d.jpg (59.15 KiB) Viewed 7980 times
Last edited by krusty on Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The1

Post by The1 »

Here's a couple of Stock VR V6's i have for comparo
krusty

Post by krusty »

So looks like I have to trust what Holden sold me as an HSV knock sensor and go n get a V8 memcal tomorrow. This car isn't going to tune itself if I don't make it happen
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

you took the netres out to cut the pin LOL i just cut it off with a knife in place
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
krusty

Post by krusty »

delcowizzid wrote:you took the netres out to cut the pin LOL i just cut it off with a knife in place
Heh heh, it's always good to be the new guy
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Heres a file showing the resistor network schematics for a slightly older C3 pcm I think? Archiveing here as it has been long missing from the community and recently dug up by gmecm list members. This is the file that was once located at ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/incoming/memcal.pdf and is mentioned in various threads around the net, but looks to have been broken since about 2006 even though it is still listed there to this day.
Attachments
memcal.pdf
(301.67 KiB) Downloaded 15524 times
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
festy
cars: Alfa Romeos

Post by festy »

Haven't seen that one before, thanks for posting :thumbup:
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

Holden202 wrote:netres resistors. The factory TBI setting is used for 2 cylinder mode in OSE 12P.
Does this image also apply for converting an aussie memcal holder to run in a 1227730 8D 8cyl ECM? Say if I had a v6 ecm, just cut the pin as you would to convert it to 8cyl for an '808?
Six_Shooter
cars: 2005 Dodge Dakota - For Sale
2000 GMC Yukon - The Daily driver
1985 GMC Jimmy S-15 - Under reconstruction
1973 Datsun 240Z - Toy, uses GM EFI.

Post by Six_Shooter »

antus wrote:Great info, thanks for letting us know kojab! Rep++ for Dicks Electronics.

Dr Bob, do you know that for sure? I did find a list once of the prefix I think it was, the number letter at the start that described how to tell if a knock filter was v6 or v8, but I didnt save it away and cant find it again! It did check out against the memcals I had on hand at the time, though. Could it be both type and date of manufacture?

Also does anyone have that list? It had several prefixes for v6 and v8, and I think it was a .txt file. Ive googled for hours and just can not find it or recall exactly where it was!
This should help:
http://www.gearhead-efi.com/Fuel-Inject ... -Memcal-ID
2005 Dodge Dakota - The daily
1985 GMC Jimmy - A work in progress
1973 Datsun 240Z - The Toy, turbocharged and injected using GM EFI, and code59

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.