Shift light

Ecu Hardware Modifications
stocky

Shift light

Post by stocky »

I have seen in the VN-VS commodore tunes, the options for shift light parameters or something. any idea what these do? if i can somehow use them to control an external light instead of buying a proper shift light setup?
Holden202T

Re: Shift light

Post by Holden202T »

as i understand it, if you have a manual tranny then the TCC lead can be re-wired to a relay or something like that to activate a shift light .....

i have never done it and i don't really know anymore info than that!

i have a feeling with the flexable lookup tables that will be in $12P should allow you to do something like this aswell ......
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

holden 202 is onto it TCC wire should trigger it when running manual disable all TCC settings and turn down the rpm on the shiftlight ones ive never used it either but it should work the economy light was a factory item on certian models
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
UCMatt
cars: VE Sportwagon
VYExec
VN V8 UC Torana Hatch

Post by UCMatt »

The shift light function works nicely.
When configured correctly, it calculates what gear you are in from RPM & VSS, and can trigger at different RPM points for each ratio.
This can be useful if you have an odd spread of gear ratio's and a big cam. With the aid of Dyno curves, you can adjust your shift points so that you end up in the middle of your torque curve. :driving:
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

I suppose you could hook it to a relay and control other things besides a shift light . A bottle of nitrous oxide maybe to name one. ha ha ha :driving:
stocky

Post by stocky »

ah this is good to hear. i have a manual VR, so i thought it could be useful to have a small light somewhere hidden on the dash. not one of those big fuck off monster tacho things. what do i wire into this TCC wire? a relay with a light connected to it? or does it light up one of the warning globes on the dash?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well the TCC normally has power to one end of the solenoid and the other end then goes into the ECM so i'm assuming the ECM earths that pin when activated so i'd say you want to get a light, run power to it from a +12v source then on the other side of it run that to the ECM TCC pin ....

now on a VR Manual i have no idea what that pin is :wall: .... having said that, if its anything like the 808 ECM then its A7
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

consideirng a VR manual is just an 808 with a comms chip id reckon the pinout should be identical...
vn5000
cars: vn v8 commodore

Post by vn5000 »

If it were me id connect relay to tcc pin just in case the light draws more current than ecm tcc pin can handle.Just to be safe
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah but surely a tcc solenoid would draw more than a light ..... either way its a safe option