Wiring temporary Wideband O2 sensor

Ecu Hardware Modifications
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Re: Wiring temporary Wideband O2 sensor

Post by immortality »

Ok, took for a test drive, first test, weird results. Found I haven't fully pushed the O2 sensor plug into the module so not reading correctly :(

2nd time it looks like the wideband is working correctly, however seeing some weird numbers. Not sure how to interpret? but if the data is correct than the AFR's are all over the place :(

O2 sensor is located in the merge pipe just about where the CAT used to be.

Log attached.
Attachments
MYV6QT 6-04-13 wideband O2.xdl
(268.41 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Its def not reading right, looks all over the place. Have you changed the wideband analog output settings from the default values? Using the 0-5V analog output from the LC1 and not the narrowband simulation output? No leaks in the exhaust?
immortality

Post by immortality »

I just calibrated the LC1 as per instructions, I've not changed any configurations and I'm using the 2nd analogue output (brown wire) which the instructions tell me is the 0-5v wideband output.

All I can think is that I have a leaking injector maybe as the fuel pressure does drop once the engine is shut down?

I do have the later 777 injectors fitted so last night I changed over all the injector values from the VT tune to suit and I've gone back to the standard MAF table to see what that does. Just have to run a new log.

It does look like it's moving around a lot, toward the end of the log it looks like wideband is starting to get closer to the commanded AFR but the WB does seem to fluctuate a fair bit.

Possible exhaust leak but it's by the rear resonator somewhere, not sure if that would effect the O2 sensor that far back up the pipe?

edit:New log attached but no better.

Now to figure out which injector is leaking :(
Attachments
MYV6QT 07-04-13.xdl
(277.91 KiB) Downloaded 300 times
immortality

Post by immortality »

Update,

After some though, I remembered that the O2 sensor had been dropped while we were taping up the wiring loom, this was after we had done the fresh air calibration, so I decide to test another O2 sensor which I had here for another vehicle. Anyway, did the fresh air calibration and left it plugged in for a bit, then when I went to fit it, the sensor seemed a lot hotter than the first one after we did the calibrations????

anyway, it seems this sensor is working.

Vehicle has all the basic MACE bolt on with 777 injectors but running the stock MAF tables. looks like it needs a fair bit of cleaning up. I still think it has an injector issue.

Thoughts?
Attachments
MYV6QT 09-04-13.xdl
(369.55 KiB) Downloaded 276 times
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The wideband signal is looking much better now :thumbup:
immortality

Post by immortality »

Yeah mate,

Looks much better. It looks like this new sensor puts out the same sort of data until it heats up which seems to take about 20 seconds with the engine running and than the data trace comes to where you would expect it too, so I guess we now know what a faulty sensor data trace looks like.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

depends on the failure, i bent the end of mine and it wouldn't even heat at all and just gave me an error code on the display!