cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: Programmable Delco Ignition Module

Post by vlad01 »

Is it blue?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Gareth

Post by Gareth »

I'd like the next version to have a higher ip rating to suit us speedway guys :thumbup:
According to chemistry, alcohol is a solution...
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

vlad01 wrote:Is it blue?

Yep.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

:thumbup:
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

VL400 wrote:some like to DIY everything as its all in the fine details of a build and others prefer just twist joining wires and ripping skids.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :driving:
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

We must be neighbors then given the side of the fence we sit on lol.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

vlad01 wrote:I noticed the board doesn't have off stand holes at the corners? Would be helpful if a custom case as per DYI is wanted by the customer to mount in any case they like, with a solid and flex free hold.
It does not have them as it does not need them with the current case have a slide in rail type mounting. But will add 4 extra pads for stand offs on the next run.
vlad01 wrote:One other idea I have is maybe add a header for a USB cable so that if required a customer can plug in a cable and socket in any custom location giving freedom of both USB and main ignition socket instead of having them dictated by the locations on the board. Something like a 5 pin header , 2 of power, 2 for data and 1 for shield.
This is actually already possible. Removing the USB plug gives the data lines, power and shield pads that can be wired directly to a USB cable. It has been done. Its not good practice to have USB data lines ending as stubs, so adding a second set of pads for a standard 0.1" header is not really possible.
vlad01 wrote:As for the delphi connector, perhaps you could have dual through hole layout on the board slightly offset to each other to allow either option to be soldered in as required with the delphi header mounting holes also available which can double as 2 of the off stands I mentioned. So you can have one or 2 off stand holes at the back of the board (USB end) and the 2 holes for the delphi header for the front for 2 off stands and that also keeps the connector solid and rigid.

Otherwise a little header board with pads for the delphi bulkhead could be made and customers can simply use wires to ling the module to the header board., but its always more elegant to have it on the main board.
Had a quick play and the Delphi connector spacing means it is not easily possible to have a second set of holes, becomes very difficult actually. You would have to try and build your own interface board if you wanted this option.
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

Maybe you could make me a custom one :D
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

you can get anything custom made at the right price ;)
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

efi connection added these after I asked about them. Pretty please can we haz ignition modules with these? :D The header is only 6.50 and the female plug body 1.60 each.

I can even order a whole bunch of them in for you as I need to make another order anyway.

https://www.eficonnection.com/home/prod ... ale-header

https://www.eficonnection.com/home/prod ... -connector