cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Re: Programmable Delco Ignition Module

Post by Wade »

Got started on the coil wiring today
Attachments
IMG_0587.JPG
IMG_0586.JPG
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Wade wrote:Will it be ok to run the coil grounds to the back of the block and ground them at the same location that the pcm wiring loom ground is? Also with the coil v+ will a 40a relay do? And as for the wiring I've got 25a wire.
Run the coil power grounds to near the coils or back of the block - keep it away from the clean/signal PCM ground. The coil signal grounds go back to the module.

The 40A relay is plenty, same with your 25A wiring. The each coil draws around 5A, wont have more than 2 dwelling at any one time.
xauterus

Post by xauterus »

Are you still selling these? I'm looking at fitting one to a 3.2 Vectra v6.
Thanks
PaulR
cars: VS 355

Post by PaulR »

VL400 wrote:Wire it up something like this....
VL400_Ign_VT_Dizzy.png
So this setup will work with any delco ecu with 5l?
VL400

Post by VL400 »

xauterus wrote:Are you still selling these? I'm looking at fitting one to a 3.2 Vectra v6.
Thanks
Yep still selling them, would need to know the trigger pattern on the Vectra to confirm if it will be suitable. PM me or post details here if you have the pattern.
PaulR wrote:
VL400 wrote:Wire it up something like this....
VL400_Ign_VT_Dizzy.png
So this setup will work with any delco ecu with 5l?
Yep any Aussie Delco, or any that uses the same 4 wire interface. For a 5L to have seq or wasted spark either a VT dizzy, modified pre VT dizzy to have a home signal or crank trigger like missing tooth or combination of the dizzy and crank trigger.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

can these module be connected up to the ALDL bus? and if so how would you go about selection from the module or ECU from the one common connection in TP?

I am thinking of using a 424 case with an 808/305 etc with full ALDL in the bottom half and the top half to house the module so I can add a delphi micro-pack connector (same type as the ECU uses) so I can integrate that into the loom and also access it all from the ALDL cable instead of trying to get a USB cable in some how.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I tried to do this a while back for data logging both together, it didn't work too well ....
VL400

Post by VL400 »

To add a couple of things, the latest boards now have the required connections broken out to pads to wire an SXR emulator to the main PCB of the ign module (the USB connection gets removed still) so its not quite as hacky as it once was. The only issue is the ign module CPU is a 3.3V, not 5V like the SXR emulator is designed for so there is still a mod required for that. I wasnt able to reproduce the same issue holden202T had, logged both the module and ECU together ok without any data errors (the ign module has a unique ALDL bus address). In holden202t's module we even tried 3.3V to 5V level shifters but still got data errors and dropouts at the track, from memory it worked in the shed ok? So while a ALDL bus connection is not officially supported, the module talks ALDL frames and with some mods it may be possible to make it happen to a bus.

Oh and it is possible to fit a module and '808 sized ECU in a '424 case too. Has been done before.