Programmable Delco Ignition Module

Ecu Hardware Modifications
v6bucket

Re: Programmable Delco Ignition Module

Post by v6bucket »

I'm setting up my 202 Holden with Delco Ign. Module, how much bigger than the balancer does the 36-1 trigger wheel need to be? The balancer is a 7" TCI Super Damper.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I went 6.5 I think ..... for a stock 6in balancer (from memory), but really it just needs to be the same size or bigger than the depth of the teeth so the base of the teeth are wider than the balancer.

Exhibit A
P1100743.jpg
P1100743.jpg (402.58 KiB) Viewed 9475 times
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

Thanks, I thought that was the case. Now to find a 7 1/2" wheel.
"Definition of a Drag Racer: A person who spends money he doesn't have on parts he doesn't need to impress people he doesn't know." - Grumpy Jenkins----- Poverty---
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I suppose it would, the sensor looks for the edge of the slot, correct? The front edge of the Super Damper is curved, so it shouldn't interfere with the signal, is that correct?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

I just did a quick calc, it looks like you'd have 3mm of the teeth stick out above the balancer ... im not sure that's going to be enough ... it might interfere .... your probably right you need to find a 7.5
Wade
cars: Vr 5.0 statesman vr exec 5.0 turbo vy clubsport

Post by Wade »

Has anyone got a cal file and wiring diagram for the module into ecotec v6?
v6bucket

Post by v6bucket »

I'm back to the trigger wheel, after some house repairs & life getting in n the way. How deep does the tooth have to be?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Wade: I probably have a cal for a module into a VP I reckon it would be the same settings, but would also depend what version of the firmware we both have.

v6bucket: from memory it should be about the same as the width of the slot ?
-=Jeff=-

Post by -=Jeff=- »

I thought it was time to reply.. I purchased a couple of these modules in July-August of 2018. This was purchased for my 1990 LT5 Corvette.. I got it running in November, then picked up again in Feb as Jan was a bit cold in Chicago.

It has been working quite well outside of the few wiring challenges I have had. I will get some pictures posted however, I have the LS coils in the location where the stock coils were and the Unit is under the dash.

I feel the car runs better/smoother with the Unit compared to the OEM unit