sv 21 camry wagon

Re: Programmable Delco Ignition Module

Post by jenko »

would it help if we did deposit up front to get parts cost at least sorted
Xfirez51
cars: 1992 ZR-1

Post by Xfirez51 »

How many of the MPC are out there? Obviously, others have them operating and setup, ie like my friend Jeff,
w very good results. Could there not be a group of users that would offload the support from VL400?
As an example, here in the States dynamicefi.com has the EBL ECM for both TBI and PFI applications. I actually helped w the beta testing of it on my 84 Xfire Corvette. There's a forum on ThirdGen devoted to EBL issues w other users providing a great deal of support. Of course, dynamicefi supports it but a good portion of that is offloaded like more basic setup and operating issues which would be the more numerous type of issues.
For instance, I could easily reach out to =Jeff= if setting up my own LT-5.
syntaxterror

Post by syntaxterror »

If they are still available i would like one.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

Xfirez51 wrote:How many of the MPC are out there? Obviously, others have them operating and setup, ie like my friend Jeff,
w very good results. Could there not be a group of users that would offload the support from VL400?
As an example, here in the States dynamicefi.com has the EBL ECM for both TBI and PFI applications. I actually helped w the beta testing of it on my 84 Xfire Corvette. There's a forum on ThirdGen devoted to EBL issues w other users providing a great deal of support. Of course, dynamicefi supports it but a good portion of that is offloaded like more basic setup and operating issues which would be the more numerous type of issues.
For instance, I could easily reach out to =Jeff= if setting up my own LT-5.
I have one that was running in on a turbo straight 6, using 6 x LSx coils and 36-1 trigger, has worked really well. My brother has one on a commodore V6 turbo, and i have a third module (one of the last batch) which i purchased but have not put it in a car yet (plan to use it on a Holden V8 in a Bedford)
Xfirez51

Post by Xfirez51 »

Holden,

Would u have an interest in providing support for the MPC then? It appears u have experience across several platforms.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i have experience with using it and basic programming, i certainly don't have the knowledge of the coding side of it or the circuit diagram ... but what your asking would assume VL400 is even willing to let go of the intellectual property in the first place before anything else is even considered.
Xfirez51

Post by Xfirez51 »

Holden202T wrote:i have experience with using it and basic programming, i certainly don't have the knowledge of the coding side of it or the circuit diagram ... but what your asking would assume VL400 is even willing to let go of the intellectual property in the first place before anything else is even considered.
Actually no I was not suggesting that at all. Its clear some people w previous experience could support those installing and configuring their units.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah assuming all works properly :P VL400 provided me alot of support to get mine all working properly ... admittedly the 6 coil one on the turbo 6 was one of the early versions of his module ...
Xfirez51

Post by Xfirez51 »

Holden202T wrote:yeah assuming all works properly :P VL400 provided me alot of support to get mine all working properly ... admittedly the 6 coil one on the turbo 6 was one of the early versions of his module ...
Yes, and I am familiar w the support he provided my friend =Jeff= for getting the MPC to operate w the LT-5. With each install, there is a growing base of users and experience that can be leveraged to replicate successful implementations. In fact, if u scroll thru this thread, you’ll find that I provided initial technical info on the LT-5 ignition system that VL400 incorporated for the MPC.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i've reached out to VL400 to see if he either wants to do another run of modules, or wants to sell the IP, so we'll see what he wants to do and go from there i guess.