LSx Coil Driver

Ecu Hardware Modifications
The1

Re: LSx Coil Driver

Post by The1 »

delcowizzid wrote:i cant wait to test on the vb.it has to run 0.9mm gaps to not missfire and quality leads are very important ive fitted cheap ones and missfired on low psi with no other changes.so it could do with a spark upgrade .ill leave the gaps as is for now and see if it misses if not ill just keep opening them up till it does.i also need to check base timing against the new coils and make sure they arnt adding any timing from the rate they discharge spark.
What leads have you found good? i have been using these for quite a few years, i just check the resistance now and then and havn't had any issues.

KV85

http://www.magnecor.com/magnecor1/main.htm
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

we normally run M&H cheapies that you fit your own ends on.one of the ones we had issues with were M&H offcuts from our last set of leads that we fitted both ends on instead of just one end.they wouldnt go over 5psi without missfiring.yet my 300000km stock vx leads work fine LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
commo_carl
cars: VR V6 Turbo Ute
NA6 MX5

Post by commo_carl »

Ive had good results with top gun 10mm race leads. Its funny you guy have misfires; With these leads, MSD coils and standard spark gap (VR V6 Turbo) on 14lb I have never had an issue (only if I had burned through a lead lol)
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

That's cause every setup has its quirks :)
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

we do run rich coming on boost to keep things alive with tall diff gears doesnt help with big spark gaps.but even at 11.7:1 at 300rwkw its prone to missing LOL.i use fuel for cylinder cooling as its quiet often at high rpm for over a minute on the skid pad LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
commo_carl
NA6 MX5

Post by commo_carl »

Holden202T wrote:That's cause every setup has its quirks :)
Very true indeed ; )

Yeah delco, ive been good so far on 14lb, though im a bit richer (about 10.8:1)

What are you running in your setup for 300rwkw delco?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

turbo cam and china turbo and old 300000km engine LOL nothing flash
commo_carl
NA6 MX5

Post by commo_carl »

What turbo is it? Im hoping to crack 300 with my setup on a fresh stocker with high ratio rockers, custom bigger reverse inlet manifold & t04e turbo. Should have a pretty good chance id say :)
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

T70 which measuring the wheels is like a gt35/82 with a 0.82 rear housing log manifolds 60lb seimens injectors 3" cooler pipework etc. the cam was a definate helper in the power department
commo_carl
NA6 MX5

Post by commo_carl »

delcowizzid wrote:T70 which measuring the wheels is like a gt35/82 with a 0.82 rear housing log manifolds 60lb seimens injectors 3" cooler pipework etc. the cam was a definate helper in the power department
How is the t70 to drive on the street? How quick does the boost come on? Im contemplating getting one as I am in the process of modding my turbo up-pipe