cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Re: LSx Coil Driver

Post by vlad01 »

Pretty sure DW did on a VX?
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Yeah but he only ever did it to test the setup getting it ready for the VB, I don't think it was ever run long term on his VX.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i ran it for a couple of weeks was smoother running than stock but my stock v6 coils and dfi will be tired after 400000km+ lol fuel usage improved and response
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

I have run it long term on a VR v6 turbo racecar engine.... hard to judge difference as there are many other things that affect power, but they worked and never had any misfires or problems
immortality

Post by immortality »

Just toying with the idea of upgrading to improve economy, Auckland traffic is becoming a nightmare and getting worse by the week, the missus spends most of her time stuck in traffic these days and it's killing economy. Average is now sitting somewhere around the 14L/100km with an average speed of around the 32-34km/h and that is only because it gets a run on the motorway in the evenings to pick up my son. Without the evening trips average speeds are dropping even further and fuel usage increases.

Auckland traffic sucks balls hard :(
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

its everywhere.
Melbourne, Sydney, Brisy all getting worse.

All becoming a stand still. Overpopulation is the problem and no one is doing anything to address it. Just heads in sand is the approach these days.

Going back to the coils, I reckon they would be awesome with boost an/or big comp with a decent spark gap.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
immortality

Post by immortality »

LOL, our governments solution is to increase the population even more, net migration stands at 68,000 peoples in the last 12 months, most ending up in Auckland but that same government is not willing to fund any of the infrastructure to support all those people.

A couple of years ago they opened a new section of motorway/interchange, we now have 5 lanes of traffic merging into 3 lanes and then 2 within about 500 meters and they wonder why we get gridlock.

At this stage we will only get a 3rd lane by the end of 2018 by which time we will be needing a 4th.......

when we first got the car it was fitted with iridium plugs gapped at 1.5 mm, we had decent economy but an ignition miss with 3.6" pulley so I closed the plug gaps to 1.1 mm to get rid of the miss and fitted a 3.4" pulley instead. I recently opened the plug gaps up to 1.3 mm without getting a miss but didn't really get any change in economy.
Last edited by immortality on Mon May 23, 2016 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

immortality wrote:LOL, our governments solution is to increase the population even more, net migration stands at 68,000 peoples in the last 12 months, most ending up in Auckland but that same government is not willing to fund any of the infrastructure to support all those people.

A couple of years ago they opened a new section of motorway/interchange, we now have 5 lanes of traffic merging into 3 lanes and then 2 within about 500 meters and they wonder why we get gridlock.

At this stage we will only get a 3rd lane by the end of 2018 by which time we will be needing a 4th.......

when we first got the car it was fitted with iridium plugs gapped at 1.5 mm, we had decent economy but an ignition miss with 3.6" pulley so I closed the plug gaps to 1.1 mm to get rid of the miss and fitted a 3.4" pulley instead. I recently opened the plug gaps up to 1.3 mm without getting a miss but didn't really get any change in economy.

haha, don't worry we are way ahead you guys on that. I mean ahead as in doing everything possible to make it worse lol
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

The1 has a thread somewhere on different plug gaps and his changes from each one.