using an 808 as an injector tester/cleaner

Ecu Hardware Modifications
delcowizzid

using an 808 as an injector tester/cleaner

Post by delcowizzid »

so im starting to build an 808 into an injector flow bench with adjustable duty cycle etc.who has ideas on a spark trigger signal into the ecu.i just setup an 808 with minimal wiring power earths 1 injector wired in for now no other inputs.well apart from my makeshift PC soundcard pulse generator via a headphone to rca adaptor out of pc into a car stereo amp out to ref high low on ecu with a 1v squarewave into the amp.the injector is ticking quietly so thats a start the ecu is obviously on and recieving crank input :D trying to fire the injector and maybe my psu bench supply isnt enough amps.no logging on this ecu as its toasted from a badly fitted usb connection and i dont want to plug my good tuning ecu into it just yet LOL.so far no smoke is a good thing :mrgreen:

any thoughts LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
delcowizzid

Re: using an 808 as an injector tester/cleaner

Post by delcowizzid »

now triggered via android phone :D
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlt304
cars: eh premier sedan v8 vl commodore

Post by vlt304 »

jaycar sell a nitrous controller/ motor speed controller that does pulse width modulation it comes in kit form that's what I use in my test rig
http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=KC5382
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

I bought a few small hall effect ICs and a heap of tiny magnets for next to nothing off Trademe, the plan is to hopefully set up something in the back of the speedo for the Torana when I get around to that conversion so I can retain the original speedo and have a hidden speed sensor.

Maybe just set something like this up on a small DC motor with a variable resistor for speed control?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i run vn speedo mechanisms in all my conversions on the factory speedo face so i can leave the vss in the box.ive just finished an lh torana one a couple of weeks ago.if you take the boards off the mechanism its pretty small or you can run VL gauge and still run a cable and use the incorperated vss on the back of the vl gauge :D
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

Yeah been half trying to get my hands on a VL speedo to see exactly how that fits. Normally would run the VN speedo and have done in the past but in this case I'd prefer to keep the factory SS speedo and not butcher it if possible
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

look for a lada wrecker LOL or on ebay for lada parts they have a pass through cable adaptor on efi niva from factory
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »