delco equipped head flow bench

Ecu Hardware Modifications
delcowizzid

Re: delco equipped head flow bench

Post by delcowizzid »

i dont know if ill be able to run them this enlarged ill have to pressure test the port soon there was a lot of soft spots that came out easy like cheese in amounst the hard cast.the biggest gain in low lift flow and eveness of flow around the valve was reliefing the chambers where the valves open so air could flow around the valve.this also helped pull the flow up off the port floor quite a bit the roof was stangnant as now drawing about the same as the floor but waiting on a pitot tube and my manometer to measure it properly
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
The1

Post by The1 »

hows the bench been going? been working out some gains?

checkut this guys setup lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1XSzmjvxFM
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

getting back into this now i have 3 motors attached been up all night battling with an old ibm thinkpad my mate got me to live on the bench full time.it had windows 98 LOL.install xp sp1 it did nothing but crash .downloaded a later bios image that suited xp and managed to get it in there between crashes and the old lenovo bash the power button 10 times and hold it for 30 seconds to make the thing turn on LOL.after that it was still crashing bad turned all the pretty windows effects off and set it for max performance and got it to stay going long enough to get the battery monitor software loaded so the lithium battery circuit board would let it charge and keep running.finally running stable at this point so loaded tunerpro doh needs sp3 so onto the net it went via hardwired LAN updated service packs and back to tunerpro doh cant select plugins needs c++ redistributable package back online again LOL finally got it running.spent a few hours on windows update doing some more needed updates to some of the chip drivers etc final cleanup and defrag and i think shes ready LOL.surprised it survived the highspeed meeting with the floor early on in the night when it was struglling to power on and stay running lenovo POS LOL. will get it out to the bench today and get it up and logging and then see if i cant find a lan cable to reach my router so i can just have it on a home network to save transfering data via usb sticks i do have an old wireless router somewhere maybe i can set that up in the shed and wifi between routers i dunno
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

get a newer laptop and put win 7 on it, forget XP, its too unreliable.

I got an old toshiba one I got though work, 2004 one and it had XP on it------ FORMAT!! Die XP!!

then installed win 7 and every single function on the laptop worked out of the box, no downloading drivers at all required. I use it for my tuning exclusively.

Never had an issue other than the short battery life, it does have new battery but it just uses too much power. I cant complain as I got it free.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

haha after all that i still had to use my good laptop to simulate rpm as no matter what i did the same signal generator ive been using wouldnt give me rpm to the ecu to get it reading the maf LOL
heres a log of full open bench flow full power just on 1" of vac on the digital manometer flowing down a 4" pipe LOL 8400hz on the ls1 maf on vs v6 calibration looked at ls1 maf tables works out at 330grams/sec or around 600cfm of open flow enhanced vs adx to view
bench 1inch open flow.xdl
(21.14 KiB) Downloaded 311 times
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

Fark me, I was just in the garage cleaning up and I found this parcel I thought had been sent off many moons ago. I just opened it up and it is indeed the MAF I was going to send you.

Send me your deets and I'll get it away early next week when I'm off shift again.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

haha mint you forgot my address in the last week and a half LOL

on other topic it seems maybe the bench aint too bad when i scaled the readings of a ported head port i flowed to suit maf error seems to be following the near identical flow curve to ported head data i have :D getting excited now see image attached port 1 is my port ive been slugging away at v's flow data from usa in port 3
test port.JPG
test port.JPG (101.95 KiB) Viewed 6057 times
immortality
cars: VH, VN, VS, VX

Post by immortality »

I cleaned out Outlook last week, seems I deleted some of your emails along with the 1000 or so emails from all the subscriptions the missus has :(
charlay86
cars: VT S1 SS (L67)

Post by charlay86 »

I was thinking about building a flow bench but instead of using vacuum motors was having crazy idea to use a forced induction engine with some sort of load on it as the air source :turbo: