delco equipped head flow bench

Ecu Hardware Modifications
delcowizzid

delco equipped head flow bench

Post by delcowizzid »

so a group of us want to flow some stuff and have been looking at buying a flow performance flow bench setup but i thought i might just try do it delco style.i know kal used to have tunes for maf and map on 808 so im thinking 12P with maf input to a spare input thats availiable.now what sort of maf can i run into the ecu will it read a frequency maf ? im either going to setup the bench using an 808 or just vl400's datalogger by itself and use it for all measurements valve lift 0-5v input via slide type variable resistor map for depression and maf for flow.obviously a vs maf is probably a bit on the large side but plan to scour pickapart for a doner of smaller diamter or fit a vs sensor or similar onto my own pipe

right hit me with any thoughts on where it may go wrong LOL
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
The1

Re: delco equipped head flow bench

Post by The1 »

from memory other car makers use MAF's which are voltage based 0-5v so you could fit that to a spare input, you would probably want card type to fit into a pipe easier?

Other option would be a VS PCM with VATS OFF, Card MAF which you can fit into your flow pipe with MAP sensor also into a spare input.

Plenty of ways to work it, would be an awesome rig to have, i use a VS PCM on my injector flow bench
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

i do have a few vs pcms and thought it may be easier obviously grams/cylinder wont work without rpm i take it but will show maf airflow ? hopefully some maths on the conversions can convert to CFM easy enough.setting it up is no issue but maths isnt my strongest point lol
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The 12P freq MAF input is currently a spare input and not logged, had no RAM left so it has remained unused.

Could most likely setup the logger and a TP ADX to do what you want, 2 freq inputs and 4 analog inputs (10bit also) should cover it?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

its never going to measure air change at speed (or is it if i use it different than a normal flowbench hmmm lol) will generally be steady state airflow test at varying lifts one lift height at a time over 30 seconds or longer as ill need to adjust depression at each opening with a tap would take a moment.if i used 12p i could of used a pwm output to automatically adjust depression :D ill start simple logger and maf map lift first i think now to find a maf
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

so 255g/sec is 450 cfm maybe i need a couple of mafs one for small stuff and a vs/ls maf for flowing big stuff like mufflers :D
The1

Post by The1 »

yeh vs ecu will need an rpm, but other than that MAF will read. But sounds like VL could have you sorted on 808.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

I recon the 0-5v maf to spare input is a good idea. Find some data on the net for volts vs flow and you have something easy to work with.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
ejukated

Post by ejukated »

VL400 wrote:The 12P freq MAF input is currently a spare input and not logged, had no RAM left so it has remained unused.

Could most likely setup the logger and a TP ADX to do what you want, 2 freq inputs and 4 analog inputs (10bit also) should cover it?
The logger idea sounds good!
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

mmmmm giving me ideas now :P so the idea is to test each pair of valves separately and set them to the same pressure on the map sensor by varying the speed of your vacuum motor and then watch the MAF airflow to see how even they are? and you can do this with and without a manifold connected?