bypassing ls1 crank sensor

Ecu Hardware Modifications
Jayme

Re: bypassing ls1 crank sensor

Post by Jayme »

actually if its 24-1 crank sensor for ls1... you need a total of 48 teeth on the cam.... cam spins once for every 2 crank revolutions.
vlad01
cars: VP I S
VP I executive
VP II executive
VP II executive #2
VR II executive

Post by vlad01 »

LS on 808 would be awesome, I wonder why I havn't heard anyone try that before.

logic tells me a suitable crank trigger and cam sensor, VL's ignition module and 808.
I'm the director of VSH (Vlad's Spec Holden), because HSV were doing it ass about.
Dylan
cars: VR Commodore V8

Post by Dylan »

I think the cam sensor would be optional just run the 8 coils in wasted spark worst case. Provided the LS trigger wheel is a missing tooth but I'm not sure on that.
If I had to much money I'd do that just to say it was done.

Crowd funding?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

lol
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Lots of info here, even though most is for a V6 .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3518

The user took info but never finished off the thread, went on to sell kits instead.
beerman
cars: 1997 Camaro

2004 FLHRCI

2006 GTO

Post by beerman »

Antwon wrote:holden 308 I know its possible to run the ls1 pcm ive seen it done but I mainly want to run it as I have all the software and gear to tune the ls1 pcms, the lt1 ecu in the states only uses the crank as a misfire detection and the engine will still run fine without a crank signal onit but I cant find any info on flashing the lt1 firmware to the ls1 pcm I have thort about trying to do a crank trigger in the dizzy with 12 teeth to get a total of 24x with a full rev of the crank but it wont work I believe as the ecu needs a missing tooth to identify the start of the revolution correct me if I'm wrong tho
LT1s use the dreaded Optispark instead of a crank sensor and the LS1s use a 24x reluctor /crank sensor and a cam sensor 1x reluctor. The PCMs are completely different so there is no chance of adapting any on the flash
There were some LT1 boats that used a waste spark system with a reluctor on the crank hub and dual crank sensors mounted where the Opti lived i think they used the MEFI-4 ecu
The Lt1 24x conversion uses a crank mounted reluctor and a 1X cam sensor that allows the use of a LS1 ecu.
Antwon
cars: vx ss. 80 series daily, vk ls1 (project)

Post by Antwon »

just to bring this thread back to life I was thinking if putting the pcm into low res mode and using the dizzy as the trigger it should work as the ecu will be in waste spark and only need 4 teeth per rev of crank true ?.. maybe correct me if I'm wrong..
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Correct, 4 crank teeth or 8 dizzy teeth do the same job on 8 cyl. Dizzy has more slop in the drive so its generally not as accurate.
commodorenut
cars: VY Monaro 427ci SuperCharged
VK Group A LS2 671 Supercharged ( in the build )

Post by commodorenut »

VL400 wrote:Lots of info here, even though most is for a V6 .. http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3518

The user took info but never finished off the thread, went on to sell kits instead.

I know running an LS1 ecu on the V6 ecotec engine can be done.

As i have dont it in the past..

Not to hard at all
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

Some ls1 truck and van calibrations were 4x dizzy triggered no coil on plug but still 411 ecu
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem