Ecu Hardware Modifications
User avatar
Posts: 18
Joined: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:11 pm
Location: Oberon NSW


Postby REV » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:46 am

Hi guys this all new to me, but to exspand my Business its a necessary evil. I would like to start making up memcals for VS-VT Commodores i can get the chips but what bread board/ Circuit Board do i need. I have the programer and the S-Ram and OBD Adaptor thanks to The-1.

Site Admin
User avatar
Posts: 5710
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Re: Hardware

Postby antus » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:16 am

It depends what chips your talking. If they are the original EPROM you need a UV Eraser and a programmer like a GQ-4X. If you are converting to EEPROM (electronic erase programable read only memory) as most people do because the uv erase is a PITA then you just need the programmer. It also simplifies things if you have an adaptor so you can plug the memcal straight in to the programmer. For more specific information see "Guide to Burning Memcals, Nvrams ETC" in the FAQ area (link near top right).
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396

Posts: 3171
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:35 pm

Re: Hardware

Postby Dylan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:34 am

Good to see someone supporting the old Delco. What's your business?

Return to Hardware Modification and Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest