The Latest Hardware Mods For The Delco ECM and PCM

Ecu Hardware Modifications
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: The Latest Hardware Mods For The Delco ECM and PCM

Post by VL400 »

The boards are designed by me and will be available only through delcohacking.net. I have sold them in the past (starting in 2006) in kit form or assembled so will most likely continue with that, I solder the surface mount device before posting them though. Its good to have some DIY available!

There will be a USB version of the comms board too for those with newer laptops that dont want to use a USB to serial converter.

TunerPro V5 will hopefully support byte write thats compatible with the ECM code thats currently being tested. Will be a great package once it all comes together.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

definately, and at a very reasonable price!!
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Lucky me got my hands on a sample for testing, and Im pleased to report so far so good. Both '808 and VS boards are working as expected and described. Assembly was a walk in the park, but do heed the assembly order of the '808 board and dont solder the chip mount on before solding the connector on the other side of the board :)
modded808.jpg
modded808.jpg (92.21 KiB) Viewed 6041 times
vs_testing.jpg
vs_testing.jpg (40.11 KiB) Viewed 6041 times
For the VS aldl I used a pre-made max232 board with a diode and resistor (design adapted from the techedge aldl circuit, but with the diode the right way around, unlike the schematic, beware!) and using the pcm +5v supply and ground.
modded_aldl.jpg
modded_aldl.jpg (37.99 KiB) Viewed 6037 times
Both ecus are talking to the OSE flash tool A-OK :D in car tests to come.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

nice one ant looks good where did you get that max232 board ide be keen on some of those if i could get my hands on some. just had to bring my PC back from an infestation all running great now.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Its just an ebay one, I dont think you can get exactly that one anymore, but there would be other types. Having said that if your buying nvram boards from VL400, his comms board would work well too and match the set :)
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

just looks handy for making aldl cables thats all nice and tidy.my ftdi cable definatly downloads the bin faster with no issues any more
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

just today i did some more testing on the 808 rt board .... all realtime stuff i did on it seemed to work as it should changed some timing stuff while driving etc ....

the almost two weeks of testing has been faultless for me!
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Lookin good Antus :D

Am just finalising the documentation and the boards will be ready for sale. For all those that have contacted me, I will be contacting you shortly :)
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

sweet bet the go fast mate awesome little kits
cracker
cars: vn turbo, vl turbo

Post by cracker »

looks great! any idea on what the costs going to be like? very very impressive a ruff cost would be great though very keen