antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

how to repin or remove pins from delco connectors

Post by antus »

Im in the process of installing wideband support on to my 808, so needed to remove a pin from another delco connector to add the pin to the one on the car. Heres a nice guide I used with pics that gives a good idea of the process required and the bit inside the connector you need to get unclipped. The trick is finding something the right size. I tried several bits of wire and so fouth but when i had found one the right size it came out straight away!

And the link:
http://www.dynamicefi.com/RePinHowTo.php
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
Holden202T

Re: how to repin or remove pins from delco connectors

Post by Holden202T »

one thing i've found to work well if you have it is a piece of oxy wleding rod ...

half the trick is knowing where you need to tickle inside the plug to get it out, and those pics show that well for the beginner thats never seen the inside of the plug!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

tools to use match stick or a small screwdriver ground square that exactly fits the plug .once you get the knack shes easy
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VK_3800
cars: SS Torana

Post by VK_3800 »

I use one of those tiny jewellers type screwdrivers, they don't bend quite so easy as a piece of wire and you have a bit of a handle to hang on to
vp304

Post by vp304 »

sorry to bring this thread up guys but i got a question that might be good info for other people down the track also.

I have a vp v8 and im gonna fit a knock sensor from a vn -vr v6. Got vs hsv chip with correct knock board already :) running 12p
i have a spare vs v6 auto loom that i was gonna cut one of the knock sensor plugs of and de pin one of the pins to use.
My question is are the pins on the vs the same as the vn vp (ones that plug into the computer)?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah they will be fine to use.
vp304

Post by vp304 »

no worries thanks for the info mate :)
krawczuk

Post by krawczuk »

hi, snap on tool s i think make a couple tools especially for removing terminals... or it could be blue point..

mark k
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Honestly I've found the good old sideways paper clip is best, most tones fine as it is but sometimes need to push wiring back into holder & jiggle!

Mind you most snap-on or blue point tos are good!