Flash PCM's Made realtime

Thought Of A Good Feature To Add Tell Everyone About It Here
The1

Re: Flash PCM's Made realtime

Post by The1 »

i dont need any encouragement, i have plenty of that, time is what is my problem, when i started enhanced to where i am now i have a family and kids and fulltime overloaded job, so quite different now lol I can't speak for others on here but i suspect alot of the same.

I have thought about flash pcm's before but ended up with the fact there is no easy way a end user could install a nvram by themselves like a memcal based pcm, that and a few other reasons turned my time off this and kept doing things for the memcal based pcm's instead.

VT/VX/VY L67 and VT N/A all use the same pcm and near the same engine loom it's not hard to swap an engine loom and pcm over if you wish to have the code and tune ability. I had thought about doing a writeup on converting a VX/VY Flash to VX/VY Memcal PCM using a VT V6 Loom & PCM.
cars: VY s L67
Haines Hunter - not a car but still a toy

Post by 0081 »

I would be keen on the ability of real time also for the flash PCMs but i can see there is not the demand on here when compared to the memcal versions.

But in saying that would the cost be to send a PCM away to one of the guys on here to have a socket installed so a navram could be used?
Would be good to know the difference in cost over buying a memcal PCM and loom then having it paired to the BCM for those who want to keep VATS on.
VX L67 Getrag

Post by VX L67 Getrag »

Sorry The1 I wasn't saying you needed to do anything at all for realtime.

With the mod for the ostrich there is no need for NVram or realtime enhanced mod it just worked in realtime changes with tunerpro & the ostrich.

So yeah you would need to socket PCM & then get a 32PLCC adapter & use the ostrich with the G6 adapter.
The1

Post by The1 »

not taken personally but being the only one working on code for it.

it would be far more expensive for everyone to buy a ostrich and mod the pcm than to swap in a VT N/A PCM and Engine loom. Neither are ideal but no other way to really implement realtime.
poojamehta
cars: blue

Post by poojamehta »

Great Information.Thank You. :thumbup: