Spark only bin to turn 808 into programmable ignition ecu

Thought Of A Good Feature To Add Tell Everyone About It Here
Jayme

Re: Spark only bin to turn 808 into programmable ignition ecu

Post by Jayme »

I did a very similar setup on my motorbike engine, only difference is I had the MAT sensor hooked up. the CEL light worked fine. I used the wiring pinouts from the holden workshop manual and made my loom from scratch, didnt even bother putting in a pin for the stuff I didnt hook up.
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

All sorted.
Went and pulled out the memcal, erased and re burnt and set $5D to $AA, even though checksum should have been fine, will look into this more later.
Must have had something corrupted as now working fine.
Got lucky with the DTC's, went through originally and turned off everything I wasn't using, which was probably about all of them, only flashing DTC12.

Thought when I wired on the OBD2 connector I may have made an error, I also wired in a switch that has 3 positions, middle is nothing, left is 10K between A&B and right is a short between A&B.
Saves me having to look for a paperclip and 10k resistor everytime I want to do something.
Vehicle had a spare lamp in the dash that is not used so wired this up for CEL.
Car is idling with a MAP value of around 25kpa.
ECT and MAT (inlet in my case as it is mounted in the air cleaner) both working.

Thanks everybody for their help.

yoda69
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

great news on the resolution!

thats a pretty good vaccum at idle :punk:

i did a similar thing with the diag wires in my gemini cause when i start drag racing i don't want to have to remember to take a paper clip to the drag strip!

have you played with timing at all yet ?
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Post by yoda69 »

She's old and tired.
Stock cam that is probably fairly worn and and retarded with chain stretch, explains why it won't pull much past 4000RPM.
I'm using the non ported pick up of the base of the carby, will try and T into the one off the back of the manifold for the power brakes and auto tranny and see if it any different there.

Haven't had a chance to play with the timing yet, but did do a check with the Ostrich and stacked bin, and all worked fine.
Will at least be able to datatrace and see what cell I'm in.

yoda69
Circlotron
cars: VP 5L LPG

Re: Spark only bin to turn 808 into programmable ignition ec

Post by Circlotron »

VL400 wrote:If its ignition only you can use any memcal you want without any conversion, the netres has no impact on ignition. The cyl slect part of the netres only tells the ECM how often to fire the injectors.
For ignition, how would the ECU tell the difference between 6000rpm on 4 cyl and 3000rpm on 8 cyl?
Presumably the delay degrees therefore delay time from trigger to spark would be the same for both engines at equal rpm, but the time between triggers is only half for 8 cyl at same rpm.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Re: Spark only bin to turn 808 into programmable ignition ec

Post by VL400 »

RPM is calc'd using the cal item (for 12P) "Run Params - Number Of Engine Cylinders (2, 4, 6 or 8)"