Spark only bin to turn 808 into programmable ignition ecu

Thought Of A Good Feature To Add Tell Everyone About It Here
delcowizzid

Spark only bin to turn 808 into programmable ignition ecu

Post by delcowizzid »

someone had the idea of using the 808 as an ignition only controller the other day and i thought it is a good idea.obviously still need a vss,map,coolant temp sensor maybe even inlet air temp and and rpm inputs which would come from the spark module anyway.anyone have any thoughts.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Re: Spark only bin to turn 808 into programmable ignition ecu

Post by antus »

You could cut down the code to do that, although it will work with current code by just not connecting the injectors.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

yeah i thought that may be the case didnt know if it might pack a mental having no injectors or not.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
VNracer34G
cars: VN V6 Production Saloon

Post by VNracer34G »

Hi guys, i'm a novice to ecu tuning.........learning a bit by way of these forums, anyhow......i am pretty sure this is exactly what the stockcar boys use on there 3800's, still using the ignition side of things but they run a carby for fueling
Build it, Race it, Break/Bend it ; Repeat.
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

yeah a lot of clesses arnt allowed injection so it would be a good way to get round the issue.over here we just had some rules changed to allow vn-vp's to run injected in the saloon classes which is good opened up the classes to newer vehicles .
VNracer34G

Post by VNracer34G »

Yeah man thats me s1 VN Production Saloon amongst the hordes of 'pullers'.......fwd jappas
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

yip we have them track rooters too i dont see the fun in driving a front wheel drive on an oval just put ya foot down and turn must suck.they dig trenches in the tracks too.myself ide rather be out there drifting properly in the old vn like you.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

yeah real driving :)
VNracer34G

Post by VNracer34G »

Yeah thanx guys.....too true.......the bloody things keep winning though, which i intend to adress 4 next season. Only one race this season was won by a RWD.

Seems we getting way of topic i thinks :lol:
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

bah maybe ill start a saloon car thread in the general tuning section i have a few good bins here for saloons couple of dynoed ones somewhere have some good pointers on tuning for oval dirt circuits done a few before for people ill start a thread in a day or so if you dont beat me too it.