Who would want wideband integration

Thought Of A Good Feature To Add Tell Everyone About It Here
Mick

Re: Who would want wideband integration

Post by Mick »

Dick has something like this happening and it does work.

You could shove the wide band signel up the EGR reference and reconfigure the data logger scaling factor for he EGR.

Either way accurate wideband is important to the tuning deal and it's even better if you can compare it to your commanded and plot it over a map to work out your fuelling correction.

Mick
Rev it up, Drop the clutch, See what happens.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

The OSE $12P code will have this feature, holden202 has been running an early version of this code for a few months now logging wideband as part of the ALDL stream. Seems to work well from his reports :thumbup:
krusty
cars: VY Calais guzzler, Toyota Corolla almost hybrid

Post by krusty »

Any more development on Wideband integration as far as tuning goes? Has anyone actually integreated WB to the point where the car actually runs off it alternately with the narrow bands depending on the required AFRs?

Also what's the verdict on 14.7s WB logger ? http://www.14point7.com/Widebands/SLC_DIY/SLC_DIY.htm
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

$12P has wideband logging in the ALDL data stream but thats about it at the moment ...

that said having it line up with all the other sensor data makes it very useful.
krusty

Post by krusty »

I wonder if it can be integrated with Kalmaker?
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

well i don't know alot about kalmaker but from what i understand it doesn't have wideband input!
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

krusty wrote:Any more development on Wideband integration as far as tuning goes? Has anyone actually integreated WB to the point where the car actually runs off it alternately with the narrow bands depending on the required AFRs?

Also what's the verdict on 14.7s WB logger ? http://www.14point7.com/Widebands/SLC_DIY/SLC_DIY.htm
i have the slc diy have used it on 2 cars so far but havnt had the egt and rpm etc hooked up so havnt been logging with it just using it for live readings on the led display.i have the naw 7s from 14point7 as well both seem to work great jayme has the naw 7 s and i think antus has one too dont know if hes pulled finger and used it yet :mrgreen:
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
krusty

Post by krusty »

Great to hear Delcowiz. At a glance it appears that the Naw7_s does the same job as the SLC minus the EGT and boost logging.

Is this right?
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

pretty much the naw 7S is only a controller with display and has 0-5V output and 0-1V narrowband sim no logging does have PC usb connection and dashboard but no logging.great little unit about the sizse of a tick tac packet and now can be supplied with a round gauge or led display .the slc is a lot bigger but has many features 7 logging channels for 0-5V inputs built im boost pressure sensor if you buy it egt probe controller and can scroll the display through wideband egt and boost by pushing the button.and you can log all the channels at once.one of the guys on there has made a driver for winlog so can make your own dashboards and stuff too or use the supplied one that comes with the slc. guarentee you wont find a cheaper priced unit really.the slc took me around 4 hours to build so good soldering skills and patience needed.naw 7s only have to solder the display if you buy the LED version the actual unit is prebuilt.but you can go the DD gauge and not solder anything
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
krusty

Post by krusty »

Oh I didn't realise that the Naw 7 s didn't have logging software. That's my primary purpose behind it. For the slightly higher price I'll just go for the SLC. Might have to pay one of you guys to build it for me though because my soldering experience is limited to only having done a few car stereo installs.

Re the Naw 7 s Delco.....you say it's only a controller? I know it displays the AFR in the wideband range but what does it control? Or am I missing some kind of terminology here?