Who would want wideband integration

Thought Of A Good Feature To Add Tell Everyone About It Here
delcowizzid

Who would want wideband integration

Post by delcowizzid »

well simple question who would be keen on integration of a wideband controller into the ecu and the bins modded to suit it .Alan that makes the nicely priced JAW wideband over at http://www.14point7.com also now makes a wideband controller designed to be integrated into an OEM ecu obviously we will need some modified bins to suit it but that would be something to figure out later if people are keen to modify some bins to suit.its the NAW OEM controller.so who would be keen on this sort of feature.if the bins were allready modified im sure they would also take an input from most other widebands as well.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
wake77
cars: HX

Re: Who would want wideband integration

Post by wake77 »

that's a great suggestion, i have an innovate wideband and would love to integrate it.
that would make the logging awseome.
Jayme

Post by Jayme »

if I had the cash to get a wideband, the number one feature for me would be to be able receive its data in the aldl stream.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

This is a feature that is high on the list of to do's. First step is to have the wideband value as a part of the ALDL frame, keeps it nicely in sync with other values :)

I will be releasing a $12 based bin shortly with some extra communication modes, once thats out there work will begin on getting a $12 based project started that will help users tuning modified vehicles 8-)
delcowizzid

Post by delcowizzid »

nice one ryan im awaiting a wideband controller from alan at 14point7 too arrive in the near future for testing hes been generous enough to offer one up for testing and evaluation purposes for us im hoping he may even send a NAW to test as well i could see this being put into a lot of 808 ecu's in the near future. if so ill send it your way for testing the code out on.
If Its Got Gas Or Ass Count Me In.if it cant be fixed with a hammer you have an electrical problem
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

count me in :)

the big issue i've had with the innovate and data logging is that its not in the same data stream as the 808 data so i either have to log one or the other and yeah ... this would top off the already awesome features of the 808 i reckon!!
Apples

Post by Apples »

Put me down for one as well.
less boxes in vehicle is allways good.
including it in the data stream will help tuning.
Don't make excuses. Make more horsepower.
XR Pilot
cars: Nissan Skyline wagon, ST162 Celica + MR2 turbo engine (project)

Post by XR Pilot »

I'd be interested in this, I have access to a couple of different widebands and it would come in handy for me.
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

delcowizzid wrote:nice one ryan im awaiting a wideband controller from alan at 14point7 too arrive in the near future for testing hes been generous enough to offer one up for testing and evaluation purposes for us im hoping he may even send a NAW to test as well i could see this being put into a lot of 808 ecu's in the near future. if so ill send it your way for testing the code out on.
Big ups to Alan at 14point7 :D There is a spare analog port on the VN-VS ('808 and '082/'305) ECM that can be used directly for 5v measurement so that should not be too hard. The VR/VS Auto PCM ('424/'699) also has two spare (well not used in the holden application) A/D ports but they have internal pullup resistors that are not desirable so may have to use the factory O2 sensor input. Will need to test it all out first before working out which way to go with this and any newer PCMs.
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

i have faith in you VL400!!!