BIN database integrated into website

Thought Of A Good Feature To Add Tell Everyone About It Here
HoldenForever
cars: VS Series 1 V6 & SC14 w/ 7psi pulley intercooled

BIN database integrated into website

Post by HoldenForever »

Hi PCM Hacking,

I would like to create a database backend out of PHP where members can upload BINs and tunes to a database that can easily be searched by make, model, year, engine and PCM type. I do this sort of stuff as a day job and would work on this in my spare time. I can integrate this into current forum software so it can get the logins etc. from the forum backend. Please let me know if you are interested, this is one of the few things I can do to give back to the community. PM me.
The1

Re: BIN database integrated into website

Post by The1 »

We have a thread here already. Were not really collecting tunes as such, it's something that would also have to be monitored. This would be more a question for Antus, but i wouldn't think it'd be something we would look at as it's more a separate thing to the forums.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=140
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

Yes thats true. Its a nice feature but there are ongoing support requirements with the code and the phpbb3 integration. None the less I do thank you for your offer and interest both of which are appreciated.
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
HoldenForever
cars: VS Series 1 V6 & SC14 w/ 7psi pulley intercooled

Post by HoldenForever »

No worries guys. Just let me know if I can be of any help in the future. I am a PHP, MySQL, Nginx, Apache, Linux guy and I appreciate the work you guys do.