telementary

Thought Of A Good Feature To Add Tell Everyone About It Here
yoda69
cars: 2004 VYII Acclaim Wagon V6 Auto LPG/Petrol
2004 VYII Berlina sedan V6 Auto
2005 VZ Monaro CV8 manual

Re: telementary

Post by yoda69 »

TP can handle a message it didn't request it.
I have it working on 160baud with a $5D aldl output.
Just don't use a connection mode, only a monitor mode.
Haven't had a chance yet but was going to try this out on the VT and see if I could get something out of the general chatter, ie fuel use, speed, low speed fan, etc are all sent out by the PCM all the time for other modules. Too busy at the moment trying to get the Ostrich working properly with the G6, will post up a how to guide once it's sorted out.

yoda69
kaBOOM
cars: Sirius Deej, VL Calais Turbo

Post by kaBOOM »

Yeah but at only 160 Baud? Or does $5D support 8192 as well?

I had it running quite nicely at 160 Baud, the problem is for some reason my receiver has died, I'm getting a shiteload of interference for some reason? Before I could quite happily type text from one computer to another via hyper-terminal, now all I get is a endless stream of garbage :sad2: :comp:

I built a little filter to clean it up, but to no avail....the problem is I'm rapidly running out of RF knowledge

B12 ; 0-25v A/D Input

already in there .... that should give you a nice 12v reading when the brake is applied!
even better I'll use a brake pressure transducer, make it part of a voltage divider, and then I can see how much brake pressure is being applied!
...when in doubt, simply throw more electronics at it!
kaBOOM

Post by kaBOOM »

Just an update guys:

Dad (The Ham radio/Radar nut....leave him be he works at DSTO!) is building a new unit designed around the idea of 8192 Baud comms, its a UHF derived unit, 476MHz

I'd prefer this (simple) but the radio nut has spoken:

http://www.parallax.com/Store/Accessori ... roductName

For some reason my short range 433 unit burst into life again :wtf: and all the interference disapeared. There seems to be no reason with these little bloody things.

Scanner pro works fine, it receives all the data even with a slight lag time...it throws out the odd error, but seems to be quite O.K. As long as it gets the input it *thinks* is in response to its output. It drops the odd frame, but then off it goes.

There is a little bit of Lag (on the CRO) from transmit to receive but SP seems to be O.K. I'm wondering how it will go over longer distances with more lag time?

Still at this rate I'm going to get my arse back into gear and working on the motors again...the electrics seems to have shot ahead!

Edit:

Just to clarify do we still have any simple on/off inputs left on the new OSE12P code (Like the on/off tansoverheat etc)? 2 or 3 would be very useful at this point....
Holden202T

Post by Holden202T »

you can change settings in scanner pro for timeouts which might help with the lag.

12P has 4 flex output tables which you could setup to be on off type things ..... can use any sensors as the x and y axis on a table for i etc and tune it to what you need.
kaBOOM

Post by kaBOOM »

Holden202 wrote:you can change settings in scanner pro for timeouts which might help with the lag.

12P has 4 flex output tables which you could setup to be on off type things ..... can use any sensors as the x and y axis on a table for i etc and tune it to what you need.
Not outputs, INPUTS, I need on/off inputs!

The outputs kick arse....finially I'll be able to have some decent control over my water injection system...
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Yeah we will have inputs to start stop ...
VL400 wrote:With some code mods an external switch could be used to start/stop it. Will add it in the next release on pin C15.
kaBOOM

Post by kaBOOM »

First off, sorry for the late reply, bit stressed as I have seemed to have lost my (new) job already... :(
VL400 wrote:Yeah we will have inputs to start stop ...
VL400 wrote:With some code mods an external switch could be used to start/stop it. Will add it in the next release on pin C15.
I'm not after inputs to start/stop, what I'm after is a simple on/off flag input which I can put through the telemetry system. Say if you look in WinALDL with the old 160 baud system you had a couple of flags that simply showed on/off but didn't have any code effect. That's what I'm after.

Back on topic: We have the modulators/de modulators working at the moment. Scanner pro does accept whats going on with the odd error message, but I think we can live with that!

The whole telemetry system is tied in with a radio link to the driver. So he can express his/her displeasure with me if I have built a crappy engine in real time.
antus
Site Admin
cars: TX Gemini 2L Twincam
TX Gemini SR20 18psi
Datsun 1200 Ute
Subaru Blitzen '06 EZ30 4th gen, 3.0R Spec B

Post by antus »

i reckon you could do that now with the 0-25 volt input or the wideband input and with the xdf modified to treat it as a high/low level.

great to hear about your system, it sounds awesome :thumbup:
Have you read the FAQ? For lots of information and links to significant threads see here: http://pcmhacking.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1396
VL400
cars: VL Calais and Toyota Landcruiser. Plus some toys :)

Post by VL400 »

Sounds like its coming along nicely. There will 2 spare inputs available to log in the next release, pins C8 and C15. They are active low so need to be pulled to ground.
kaBOOM

Post by kaBOOM »

Hey, Sorry for the lack of updates and the like... :)

I've got hold of a pair of really nice 433MHz 100mw RS232 RF modules, I'm currently sitting at my bench working away....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/2pc-433MHz-RS232 ... 3efa2216ae

I'm going to make a nice half wave lengh antenna for it. I've already made a special water proof box with a bracket that I can mount on pit wall/Near the track somewhere.

I did a test run today with the OSE code and the 3Bar ADX (not sure which version) and it did work, however I ran into sync issues. I'm still playing around. There are a hell of a lot of setting in both Scannerpro and the RF module software (I'm pretty sure its a software issue atm)

So yeah, I'll get my camera working at some stage and give you some happy snaps :)